1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why is lordship Salvation so hard for many to understand?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I got saved when I was 20. I don't have an "Eidetic" memory. Do you?
    God doesn't ask the impossible.
    In fact he doesn't ask of this at all.
    If he did, it would be a works-based salvation.
    It is amazing to me that many of you have completely done away with sola gratia and sola fide just through a warped definition of repentance.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

So you're admitting that you cannot recall all the sins you've repented of. Excellent.

Not.

Again, which sins have you not repented of? Do tell.

You believe true Biblical salvation to be works based simply for the fact you believe: 1) Repentance not necessary as to your many fallacious and erroneous posts which are anti-Biblical; 2) Repentance is a work of man and not a gift from God.

By the way my experience was eidetic. I recall all of my sins to which God granted me repentance. I was 22 then. I'm 49 now.

Go study, you need it. :thumbs:

#282 preacher4truth, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't mind me saying so; but I don't believe you.
    We sin every day. We sin by omission and by commission.
    We not only do the things we shouldn't do, but don't do the things we should.
    We also sin by ignorance.
    I don't believe you remember every evil thought that went through your mind; every lie you may have told; every time you may have gotten angry or lost your temper; and on and on. It is impossible. So, no I don't believe you.
    By your arrogant speech here you demonstrate that you have a definite need to understand the sinfulness of man in comparison to the holiness and righteousness of God, and how far we truly fall short.
    Yes, you really need to do some serious study.

4. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Thanks. Done!

5. preacher4truth

You show a vast misunderstanding between each and every single sin, which is fallacious, and categorical sin, and in addition you show a misunderstanding of Biblical repentance which you have denied as necessary for salvation, being granted by God Himself, to which, yet again, you've denied as necessary.

Which categorical sin have you failed to repent of?

Do tell.

#285 preacher4truth, Jul 18, 2014
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1John 3:4 Sin is a transgression of the law.
    James 2:10 Sin is breaking the law. Whosoever breaks one law is guilty of breaking them all.
    Rom.3:23 Sin is falling short of the glory of God. It is missing the mark--His mark.

The people that categorize sin are the Roman Catholics--venial, mortal, etc.
    Have you converted recently?

7. preacher4truth

Have you converted? Recently?

Scripture categorizes sin and you blame this on Roman Catholics? :laugh:

'The works of the flesh are manifest which are these...________________ '

Galatians 5:19.

Which have you not repented of? Have you converted?

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My bible staes that the blood of jesus Christ has already dealt with all of my sin before the Father, so what can I add to that, must I have total surrender all of the time to get the favor of the father, or did the Cross and His shed blood do that for me already?

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the godly repenting that God demands for salvation, that we realise that we are sinners, and cannot save ourselves, so repent of self works and place trust and faith wholly unto Jesus!

After salvatiojn, the Holy Spirit is quite able to deal with our sin issues!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What sin other then unbelief in the Son of God though is the one that keeps us lost in sins?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Nowhere does the Bible categorize sin. It gives examples of sin, which is different. Sin is a transgression of the law. Take your argument up with God.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are my sins greateer then the power of the shed blood of Christ on my behalf then?

13. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing eneric about it. The word repent means to change ones mind and go in the opposite direction. The passage says towards God, so we know what the word repent means and we know it is toward God based on scripture. The lost do not want God to have the place in their life that He requires which is Lord, Master. Change your mind about God giving Him His proper place, place that on Christ which is faith and you are saved. If Jesus is not Lord of your life He is not your Savior because you have not repented and without repentance there is no faith.

#293 Judith, Jul 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.