1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is the devil on any leash at all?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Emily25069, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

No they don't and no they won't.

2. Alex Quackenbush

#42 Alex Quackenbush, Dec 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  3. Alex Quackenbush

I challenge you to a DEBATE on propitiation.

#43 Alex Quackenbush, Dec 10, 2007
  4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm not interested in any LINK to some "yeh-who" who can't get it right but about a quarter of the time and even then---the reader can't quiet be sure about three quarters of that quarter!!!

I would suggest---stop posting your "links" and start posting your mind----I mean, listen-----you want to get it right, don't you---we want to read what YOU think

Now show us from Scripture----where the devil "appeals" any sort of sentence God has handed down to him!!! Show us any one of his appeals

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I could debate lots of people with "advanced degrees" on this board, but Dr. Bob and Blackbird are not in that group. Their understanding of Scripture is way above mine, so I learn from their posts, not debate them.

There are others on this board that claim advanced degrees that don't know the difference between Elisha and Elijah.

Alex, you need to go back to making AFLAC commericals for the President.

6. TomMann

TomMann New Member

What's to debate, the meaning of the word, or whether or not it occurred, or who it was intended for?

7. Alex Quackenbush

Let's see, you don't mind anyone else posting links and of course look the other way and don't complain about it...but when I do I get this. :laugh: :laugh:
    I feel like Rush Limbaugh will a bunch of liberals who live and love one standard for them and their own and another for those they oppose.

8. Alex Quackenbush

You may not be aware of the debate regarding 1 John 2:1-2. Possibly one of your Calvinist friends can catch you up on the issue regarding the propitiation of Christ, whether it was for all humans or only the elect.

9. Alex Quackenbush

A summation of the stunning minds at work as they try to stay on topic and attempt a Biblical refutation. :laugh:

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Just give me the scripture, Q!!! Never mind how liberal I am---thats beside the point----just the scripture will do for now!!!!! Show me satan's appeal---isolate the scripture and then expound and exegete!!!!!

11. Alex Quackenbush

Please, spare me. You know it wasn't about whether you are a liberal or not. It was about your protest regarding my use of a LINK for a 40 something page treatment of a DOCTRINE that you consistently FAIL to protest LINK usage by those FAVORABLE to your sentiments. But you know what? I have come to expect that so...on to more important things.

As for the request, it is based on doctrinal conclusions stemming from understood and deduced realities present in varying Scriptures. What is available to you is an extensive treatment of the doctrine at the link provided for your detailed study. But no, you reject this. Instead, while having little or no frame of reference you demand access to Algebraic Theology when you are Fractional Theology is troublesome.

But hey, for an isolated treatment here is a link to the Appeal of Satan and I have provided some excellent and very limited but direct material addressing your demand:

The Appeal Trial of Satan

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I read nothing in your post that even points to satan's appeal---where is the appeal??? Just because he has access to Heaven---does not mean "appeal"

#52 blackbird, Dec 10, 2007
  13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blackbird - I read the whole article and it is worthless tripe. You won't find scriptural support for this nonsense. :(