1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Should I Feel Threatened by Gay Marriage?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by npc, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Sure there are consequences from gay "marriage" not the least of which is the example set for future generations as to what kind of conduct is acceptable in our society. We only need to look around at the changes over the last two generations in what is considered "normal" to understand the impact it has. The agenda is to make such relationships fully acceptable. It will not stop with "civil unions" as that will only be a stepping stone to the next.

Patrick

2. npc

npc New Member

It does, however, imply the right to do anything that does not harm others. I do not see how gay marriage would harm anyone else.

A bunch of rhetoric that fails to explain why I should feel threatened by gay marriage.

How? By virtue of their coupling? Then we'll just have to show our children better examples of partnerships.

Awful analogy. Should we outlaw Islam, too? Homosexuality practiced by mutually consenting adults and is best left between God and the practitioners.

Try talking with your children if you're so concerned about them.

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't believe that was the question. What does that have to do with you and why should you feel threatened by gays or gay marriage?

Of course I do! There are a lot of things that are sins! Coveting is a sin, but should there be a law governing men's thoughts? I don't think so! Murder is a sin and against the law. Does it stop people from killing? NO! There has to be a middle ground where God's laws are upheld by those who believe them to be true. Forcing God's laws down the throats of the masses will only lead to resentment! Our lives and our actions are our witness to our beliefs. Yes, we should speak out and say 'such and such' is a sin. But you can't force people to adhere to that. Nor would you really want to! Isn't that what we are all here on Earth for? If God wanted his will IMPOSED on everyone, he would have done it himself, thank you very much! WE have no business taking away the free will of the people in the name of God!!! I repeat!!! If that is what God had wanted, he would have done it himself! Instead, he put Satan in control of the Earth and gave us all free will! Who are we to decide to take that free will away from anyone!???!???!??!
    Gays were given the same free will as everyone else. It is there choice to use it, or not. And it has not be proven that homosexuality is a choice anyway... it has never been fully explained why some people are this way and some aren't. But God loves and created all people so who are we to judge?

Back to the original question, why should we feel threatened by gays or gay marriage?
    </font>[/QUOTE]You say that homosexuality has not been proven to be a choice in the same paragraph that you say Gays were given the same free will as everyone else and that they choose. Care to explain that? Doesn't hardly sound logical.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I was just playing both sides of the fence at once. They do have the same choices if you want to believe it's a choice. I don't believe so myself and I believe proof will come some day.

If you had read further, I think I explained myself quite well in the next line:

"And it has not be proven that homosexuality is a choice anyway... it has never been fully explained why some people are this way and some aren't."
    </font>[/QUOTE]But it has been fully explained by the Bible that Homosexuality is a sin. You do concur on that right?
    </font>[/QUOTE]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Of course I do! That doesn't mean I would be mean to a gay person or force my beliefs upon them! They are human beings! They are our brothers and sisters for crying out loud!!! There are a lot of things that are sins! Coveting is a sin, but should there be a law governing men's thoughts? I don't think so! Murder is a sin and against the law. Does it stop people from killing? NO! There has to be a middle ground where God's laws are upheld by those who believe them to be true. Forcing God's laws down the throats of the masses will only lead to resentment! Our lives and our actions are our witness to our beliefs. Yes, we should speak out and say 'such and such' is a sin. But you can't force people to adhere to that. Nor would you really want to! Isn't that what we are all here on Earth for? If God wanted his will IMPOSED on everyone, he would have done it himself, thank you very much! WE have no business taking away the free will of the people in the name of God!!! I repeat!!! If that is what God had wanted, he would have done it himself! Instead, he put Satan in control of the Earth and gave us all free will! Who are we to decide to take that free will away from anyone!???!???!??!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Then why do we have laws against Polygamy, Beastiality and Rape and Incest?

I mean we don't want to take that free will choice away from pedophiles and child abusers do we?

Is homosexuality normal or not? - that is the question.

Nature Testifies NO.
    The Bible Testifies NO.
    History Testifies NO.
    The Church Testifies NO.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The term "civil rights" has become associated with the "right to be gay"! This is completely unjustified! There is no "civil right" to be gay. "Civil rights" are those rights recognized in our Constitution associated with ensuring that all persons are treated equally before the law. They are not "rights" to be or to do whatever one wants. Civil law imposes many limitations upon our conduct and rightly so. Civil rights with respect to homosexuality merely means that a person who is a homosexual must be treated equally before the law as any other person who is also homosexual. It does not prohibit the citizens of this nation from making homosexuality - and particularly gay "marriage" - illegal. It just means such laws must be enforced equally among all citizens with no favoritism to some. Supporters of gay "rights" want to chance this situation to acquire special "protection" for their "life style" under the law so that continue to openly and even proudly advance an agenda of perverted family relationships forcing everyone else to accept it under penalty of law. We have already gone to far with this thinking and are dangerously close to slipping into a fatal pit from which we may never extract ourselves. We must not permit this!

Patrick

5. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I have and my grandchildren as well. I also intend to leave a written legacy for my great grandchildren.

Patrick

6. npc

npc New Member

Polygamy: High tendency for wives to be victimized.
    Beastiality: Has victims by definition.
    Rape: Has victims by definition.
    Incest: Too much homozygocity is not fun.

7. npc

npc New Member

It's hard to take seriously someone who makes suuch logical fallacies. "Normal" is not the same thing as "moral". Lefthandedness in humans isn't normal either.

And I'm not defending the morality of homosexuality, I'm asking how it affects anyone who doesn't want to participate.

Oh good, so they know what the Bible says about homosexuality, then?

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I agree 100%! [​IMG]

9. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Gays want to be thought of as "Normal" and "Moral", and homosexuality is neither.

Gay Marriage affects Heterosexual Marriage the same way "Shacking Up" or "Living Together" affects Heterosexual Marriage.

It takes a Divine Institution and perverts it and that has a downgrading effect on all of society.

10. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

Sure there are consequences from gay "marriage" not the least of which is the example set for future generations as to what kind of conduct is acceptable in our society. We only need to look around at the changes over the last two generations in what is considered "normal" to understand the impact it has. The agenda is to make such relationships fully acceptable. It will not stop with "civil unions" as that will only be a stepping stone to the next.

Patrick
    </font>[/QUOTE]HELLOOOOO! There has always been homosexuality! How do you know this isn't something that God created to see how we dealt with it?? I say we need to answer social questions such as this with much gentleness and thoughtfulness to our brothers and sisters who are faced with this 'oddity', if that is what it is. As long as no one else is being hurt, what is the problem?

11. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

I agree 100%! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Just because there are no laws against something, doesn't mean society sanctions it!

12. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

I have and my grandchildren as well. I also intend to leave a written legacy for my great grandchildren.

Patrick
    </font>[/QUOTE]What is that? To hate those things you do not understand?

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yes, and what's even better is that they're making sure their children know it as well.

That will, hopefully, help counter the onslaught of misinformation designed to support the grave sin of homosexuality which they and others are likely to get from the news media, the entertainment media, the work place, the government run schools, people who are intent upon spreading the views you seem to hold, and even some "churches" especially if they have homosexual leaders.

Patrick

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

No, so they'll understand what God hates, why He does, and they're obligation as followers of Christ to abide by what He says is right not by what we think is right.

Patrick

15. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Homosexual Marriage leads to Homosexual homes where kids are being raised to accept abnormal sex as normal.

If we have not yet determined whether this is something you're born with or you choose to participate in - Isn't this putting children in danger?

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That might be true in some sense but, in this case, the agenda is to make laws that do sanction conduct which isn't right according to God Almighty.

Patrick

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

You're right on target Hardsheller! On the homosexual agenda for gay "marriage" is the "right" to adoption and "parenting", the mandate for public education of the "alternative life styles", and a host of other tactics to force acceptance of this sinful conduct upon society. The right to "parenting" assures the behavior will be passed down to the next generation.

Patrick

18. npc

npc New Member

Then what are you worried about?

So which sinners should be allowed to raise kids and which shouldn't?

19. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

You're right on target Hardsheller! On the homosexual agenda for gay "marriage" is the "right" to adoption and "parenting", the mandate for public education of the "alternative life styles", and a host of other tactics to force acceptance of this sinful conduct upon society. The right to "parenting" assures the behavior will be passed down to the next generation.

Patrick
    </font>[/QUOTE]You seem to know a lot more about homosexuality than even medical science! Gay people have the God given equipment to create babies and don't need your approval. If a child is born heterosexual, who are you to say being raised by a gay parent is going to make that child become a homosexual?

20. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

Then what are you worried about?

So which sinners should be allowed to raise kids and which shouldn't?
    </font>[/QUOTE]There ya go! Who decides? Seems to me there are plenty of heterosexual scumbags that shouldn't have children either! But wait! WE don't decide that, do we? God decides who has children... don't you think we should leave this heady responsibility to him?