1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why should I...?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mindsleeve, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Steaver, ask God.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Need we ask God?

It is obvious God wanted Adam to fail.

You say this would be so Adam could conceive love.

This would be correct. :thumbs:

As well as so Jesus Christ could be glorified.

BTW, as DW pointed out, you must admit you are calvinistic as well because you must admit God willed Adam to fail.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Ann, pray for me that I might not be 'snotty.' I am certainly being provoked.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is called "exhortation" and is a biblical concept for us Christians to partake in.

Now, I have agreed with you and you feel provoked??

God needed Adam to fail so Adam could conceive love. The perfect love of grace provided for through Jesus Christ.

If Adam does not fail, Jesus is not glorified in His creation.

As you can see, the very free-will choice granted to Adam was also God's way of having Adam fail so Jesus Christ could be glorified.

God willed Adam's fall that Jesus alone is found worthy. What a perfect plan! Holywood could not write such an amazing story!

You might as well embrace your own calvinistic implications in your answer my dear brother. :thumbs:

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just remember that a gentle answer turns away wrath. :)

I will pray for you HP. :)

6. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

I distinguish between God's will of good pleasure and his permissive will. There are things that God delights in but God does not delight in sin. Sin is never the good pleasure of God. Sin is given permission to exist under restraints that never exceed God's ultimate glory and the good of His elect - Psa. 76:10

However, the real issue is not free will as seen in Adam and Eve. The real issue is seen in the will of fallen man. The two are not the same. Before the fall man truly had freedom of alternative choice. However, after the fall the human will came under the bondage of sin and became a slave expression for the depraved heart and mind of a sinner. Under the fall the human will is merely a FREE AGENT within the boundaries of his fallen nature. His will is free to sin as that is the inclination of the fallen mind and heart.

Jesus describes the fallen human nature to be in love with darkness and hating the light. Note that the will does not exist as a separate entity within the fallen nature. The very two words that are translated "will" in the New Testament refer to the will under the control of the intellect "boulomia" or under the control of the emotional aspect of man (heart) "thelomai." The first is will of determination while the latter is will of desire. There is no independent term for the human will apart from mental or emotional control. Hence, how a man thinketh so is he and what you set our affections on so are you.

The will under the mind is at "enmity with God and is not subject to the law of God and neither indeed can be."

The will under the emotional aspect of man LOVES sin, LOVES darkness and RESISTS coming to the light and as Stephen told his audiance they will "always resist" the Holy Spirit even as their fathers did as that is the lost condition of the human will.

It is the will that God saves from the bondage of mental and emotional depravity. This is why Jesus told Nicodemus as a lost man FIRST he must be born again (Jn. 3:1-11)BEFORE he conveyed the gospel to him (Jn. 3:12-16) because of the condition of the human will (Jn. 3:17-21).

Experiential salvation begins "with the heart" man believeth unto righteousness presented in the gospel (Rom. 10:8). That is precisely why God must first give a NEW HEART and a NEW SPIRIT as man has no such heart that is willing to believe the gospel.

O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever! - Deut. 5:29

Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day. - Deut. 29:4

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them
    . - Ezek. 36:26-27

Carefully note the cause and effect statements in all the above scriptures. Take note of what is the cause for seeing, hearing, fearing, perceiving and obeying in Deuteronomy 5:29 and 29:4. Take note what is the cause for obeying in Ezek. 36:26-27.

Arminian reverses the cause and effect sequences.

#66 Dr. Walter, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010