1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why should the 1689 Confession of faith be used?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ has His witnesses all over His kingdom which extends all over the world. There is an allusion to Isaiah 62:6-7. 'All Scripture is God-breathed......'

• Like Like x 3
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Psalm 110 says He rules in the MIDST.OF HIS ENEMIES

That Isis or anyone else denies His reign does not change the fact of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you make silly little comments. So we're even.

The bible is Spiritually discerned. Many times it uses figurative language to express literal truths. But I do not spiritualize the whole bible.
    It means EVERYTHING to me. Christ came and lived a perfect life for me. He bore MY sins for me on an old, rugged cross. He arose for me. He ascended to the Father for me. He now intercedes for me. And He will eventually return for me. Hallelujah.

Not worthy of my response.

#63 SovereignGrace, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

You don't understand Scripture and obviously you don't consider yourself to be in the mix of Colossians 1:13, a present reality.

The above quote of yours? Unnecessary and callow. But I will remind you in what Job said, and when he said it he did not sin with his lips. You're attributing sin to me, a child of God, by your implications above, yet my beliefs are the same as Job's, and the apostles, OT & NT Saints. Your beliefs border on heterodoxy as seen in this thread.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Internet Theologian

Of course it is, and your test will show how little you know about the Word.

Here is my Father's answer:

'All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.'

• Like Like x 2
  10. Internet Theologian

Dhk says this:

In response to this:

So your SoF or AoF or however you label it is more elaborate than the 1689 CoF? There are no doctrines that are 'more relevant to our day'.

Instead of going ad hominem and drivelish, I would like it if you would kindly answer my question that you left off. If you cannot and will not then I understand.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He doesn't realize...or even care...that he is lumping believers and unbelievers under Satan's rule and authority. If that's not heresy, what is? He is not my god. God is my God. Satan is god of unbelievers. That's the context of 2 Corinthians 4:4

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Internet Theologian

Oh yes it is; Colossians 1:13; Luke 17:21. But you can't help but conflate the literal physical reign at the end of the age with what is going on now.

Perhaps he is of yours, not of mine.

Oh, yes He does! Matthew 28:18ff

Show us 2 things; where I ever stated the kingdom will come when I say (when all I've done is use Scripture as refence, not 'me') and 2, where the CoF does the same. You're conflating and building another straw man. Don't you tire of building them and beating up on something so off track?

Congrats! So do we!

Well, I haven't seen your SoF, maybe it is dusty, and maybe it shouldn't be believed. :)

Oh, 'the problem of evil'. Now you're getting somewhere though I doubt the phrase will cause you any pause, reflection and admittance of error on your part and the mysterious nature of this alleged problem. But you seem to think you have a simple answer to it all. You don't, and in any public debate your arguments would be dismantled.

Kind of like on BB. LOL!!!! :)

OK.

The problem is you want to dictate exactly how you want it to be, just like the religious leaders of His day wanted to dictate how Messiah should reign as well. You're simply expressing their same errors. That said Christ shall return!

Lastly, apply your above heterodoxy to the time of the Garden of Eden. Your God would have never allowed the fall. Satan ruled in the Garden, eh?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Internet Theologian

I honestly believe he does this in ignorance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, God is sovereign, possessor of heaven and earth. He can delegate authority to whomever he wishes. At this time he has given the control of this world to Satan. All we see around is wickedness for Satan is the god of this world. It will remain that way until Christ comes and sets up his Kingdom. If you think that Christ is the ruler of this wickedness then IMO you are attributing this wickedness to Christ. In his Kingdom Christ puts down evil not lives with it or even condones it as the rulers of this world do.

I am possessor and owner of my house. If I leave and give the house into the care of someone it is still mine, but I have delegated someone else to care for it. If the person is not a responsible person I may come home and find my home trashed. (It has happened to others). Though I am the owner my "world" house has been put in ruins.
    God gave the world that he owns into the hands of Satan to do what he wills. It is a result of sin. This entire creation is under a curse. When Christ comes again the curse will be lifted. Then the renovations will begin and it will be restored back to its original state. With God all things are possible.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Go back to England then, a couple hundred years or more ago, when the monarch yielded real power. The citizen of the nation had to yield to the authority of the king. You would be the king's subject; he your "lord." The servant, you, must abide by the law of your lord, the king. If you fail, your lord, the king will punish you. That is the way the government works. You cannot willfully sin against your "lord" the government, and get away with it. In that time, they beheaded people.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Yes, he is your "ruler" and you are to be subject as the Bible commands.

16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is the god of the world, yes. I agree with that verse. However, you, I, IT, Iconoclast, Blessedwife318, et al, are in the world. But Satan is not our God. He is the god of the lost.

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ,.who is the image of God.[2 Corinthians 4:3-4]

In the context of the above, Satan is ruler of those who are lost, not those who are saved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yep, just like Obama is the ruler of the lost and not the saved!! The Christians can run roughshod right over America because they are above the law of man and subject only to God's law, and not man's.
    Are you ignorant of God's law??

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

These men are ordained of God and at the same time serve Satan, carry out Satan's work, in Satan's world. Do you know what it is like to live in an Islamic nation under Sharia law? Do you thinks such a dictatorship is run by God, and the leader subject to God???

18. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Monarchs acted as sovereigns, presidents don't. Monarchs made up laws, presidents can't(Obummer circumvented the constitution and had the SC approve of same-sex marriages). But presidents are not sovereigns.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Hab 1:5 Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.
    Hab 1:6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.

The Jews are about to come under the judgement of the Chaldeans, a very harsh judgment. Habakkuk's complaint to God is: Why doesn't God see the evil of the Chaldeans.
    Basically Habakkuk should be concerned with the evil of the Jews, as Christians here ought to be concerned about their own sin. Christ is not ruling. The churches are full of sin. Judgment begins at the house of the Lord.

20. Internet Theologian

That's it right there!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.