1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why were my Anniversary threads deleted?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Wisdom Seeker, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I looked in the private forum and the other anniversary threads before and after mine are still there. Why were mine deleted?

Did I do something wrong? I am trying not to take this personally...but how can I help it? [​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Laurenda, One of the jobs as moderator is to delete threads that are out of date. I deleted 4 pages of old posts off All Other Discussions per a note from webmaster to the moderators. We don't archive anything that isn't serious. So, all the others will be deleted when they are 2 days old. All the previous games are deleted when they reach page 2 (on the board not when they HAVE 2 pages) or are closed.

I only do the ones in my areas. (edited to say... 2=3 days PAST the anniversary date)

I did mention that on the wishes yesterday and mentioned it about Blackbirds too.

Diane

[ August 27, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the good work, Diane. Can I ask that when you start vacuuming up posts like the Homosexual one presently here that you simply move it to Theology or Baptist, okay? There IS some good info that would be a shame to trash.

BUT that said, we all know that 99.9% of the "All Other" threads are just fun and of no real value.

Especially my posts.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

As long as they are active, I won't delete them Dr. Bob. We had 4 pages of games and things like 'did you see the sunset tonight?' But, yes, some of those belong on other forums anyhow but I think get posted here because it's not Baptist only. The 2-3 day time limit is for Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday threads. With 5,111 members... OUCH!

And you're welcome! Webmaster said the search feature works much faster if we get rid of the 'fluff'!

Diane

5. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Why not send someone a pm first? That is always nice.

Sherrie

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That's not always possible....
    Diane

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

From what I see Diane did what a mod is supose to do,and as I've seen many a mod say in the past they do not have to notify anyone when deleting a post, or thread.
    We've all been unhappy at one time or another with a mods decisions, but they are mods and we are not. So we must accept their decisions.

8. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

I am not unhappy at all. I just love it when the webmaster mails me to tell me one of my threads is going into the archive. i just think that is very considerate and nice. Thats all!

God Bless
    Sherrie

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The notification (email from webmaster) that a thread has been moved to archives or another forum is automatically generated during the topic being moved or archived.

Deleting game threads, favorite cheese threads, happy birthday threads, etc. does not offer the option of notifying the person it's being deleted. Plus, it would be too late anyhow. Webmaster instructed us to not save those type threads. No archive value, were his words.

I explained why the thread was deleted and who instructed the moderator's to clean up their forums. There is nothing else to be said.

Diane

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

Well, that suits me just fine, cause I was running out of questions to ask. Now, I can ask questions from previous threads and nobody will remember them. [​IMG]

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL Gib, that's like on the Hymn Game! I keep using the ones I know from memory over and over! LOL

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would suggest that if someone has a thread that they think should be archived or moved (like I did on the homosexual one) please notify Diane by pm well in advance.

She's actually a nice person and I've found her accomodating.

Can't see any need for further discussion now. :rolleyes: