1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would God deny man immortality

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Greatest I am, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Banned

Genesis 3:22
    And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

If the man had absorbed the knowledge of good and evil and was like a God then the man would have been good as God is.

Why would God deny a good man immortality. As a good man, he would get to Heaven anyway.

If man was not to become as a God, why did God give us the tool of the tree of good and evil.
    This tree, the Bible leads us all to being good. We are in fact asked by the Bible to become as Jesus. Perfect.

Why deny “the man” immortality at that point in time?

Regards
    DL

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Man has immortality - he has never lost it.

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Whoa, dude. You're, like, seriously freaking me out with this weird wiggy mojo.

4. His Blood Spoke My Name

Man will have immortality when his body dies. The man who has placed his faith in Christ will live forever in heaven.

The man who does not trust Christ as Savior but trusts his own goodness will spend forever in hell.

Our righteousness is as filthy rags before coming to the Lord. That which is filthy will not enter God's eternal Kingdom.

There is none that doeth good; no, not one.

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Define immortality.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    GIam-

Please listen to me.

God wasn't denying man anything. He was protecting him.

If he had eaten from the tree of life, he would have lived forever....forever in the flesh. Adam and Eve would have still been here today along with every other human being ever born.

Never having the opportunity for their bodies to die and their spirits to be set free to live with God in heaven.

They had to die. They deserved death because of their sin, just like we deserve it. The bible says that the wages of sin is death.

And they had to be able to die or have the capacity to die. If not, then they and we would wander the earth for eternity in the flesh.

God is not in the "denying" business for His children. The bible says that is a sinful father would take care of the needs of his biological children by not denying them food, then how much MORE will God, our heavenly Father, take care of us.

Infinitely more.....

7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Who was this good man you are talking about?
    I don't recall there ever being one,.