1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would Non Call/Arminian Theology be 'More fair" To Sinners?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If FW was/is meaningles, then He would have saved me the very moment He revealed Himself to me one day as I was going home on a schoolbus. He showed me right there, that I needed Him in order to be saved. I rebelled for years. He didn't show me this for nothing, but to show me I was in danger of hellfire. If I would have submitted to Him right there, He would have saved me. But in my pride, I wanted to live my life my way. I know you won't agree with this, but we'll disagree in love, okay? :love2:

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I hear what you are saying, and that is fine. Your choosing then would have meant nothing, for even then you were His, even as Paul prior to Damascus, even in his mothers womb, Galatians 1:15, and the same for each of us. I can though understand how a person thinks they chose, but literally in Scripture, He chose.

- Peace

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother P4T, remember, election does not guarantee salvation. If it did, then not one Israelite under the Law would have died lost. Election is God choosing beforehand, and God chose beforehand, to choose(elect) the Israelites(the seed of Abraham), and even in that election, many died lost. I think this may be akin to the verse, "Many are called, but few are chosen."

Election starts and ends with Jesus Christ:

Now, we who are saved, are grafted into Jesus, the true Vine, the true Israel, and we are also grafted into His election:

In verse 2, God cuts off every branch in this Vine that bears no fruit; which would have been the Jews/Israelites. They were in this Vine(Christ) through God's election, but were cut off by their unbelief. Now, if they choose to believe, God is able, and willing, to graft them back into this Vine.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

I know we will still remain in disagreement, but this is how I have come to believe election works. It starts and ends with Jesus Christ.

4. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Excedrin headache #9?????? LOL

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

No. Not all of "Israel" is "Israel" brother.

But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;Romans 9:6

But, all of Israel shall be saved, that is, His elect:

"and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB." Romans 11:126

And again, the words of our Lord:

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. John 6:37

and;

"This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. John 6:39

Gods plan to save Israel will do just as He planned; He will save all of Israel as He said. Not one shall be lost, and the Word of God shall not fail.

- Peace

#26 preacher4truth, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Agreed. There is always a remnant that has followed after God. But, when the Israelites were delivered out of Egypt, God delivered them all corporately, and not individually. Among them, there were few that made it to the Promised Land. Why? Because of unbelief/rebellion.

I see Israel of the OT as a "type" of the NT church. The promises that God gave to OT Israel, were natural. The promises that God gives the NT church are spiritual.

Let's broden the scope here, Brother:

John 6:35-40 NASB your favorite version :)
    35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

Jesus was talking about those who were with Him during His earthly ministry. Those who behold the Son, IOW, those who saw Jesus for Who He really was, the Son of God, the sacrificial Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, etc. These were the ones given to Him by the Father. The others had been cut off due to unbelief/rebellion. Malachi is a good place to start. You can see where they profained the Lord's altar by offering the worst they had; the lame sick, blind, etc. They were cut off because of these wicked acts.

Malachi 1:6-14
    Sin of the Priests
    6 “ ‘A son honors his father, and a servant his master. Then if I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is My respect?’ says the LORD of hosts to you, O priests who despise My name. But you say, ‘How have we despised Your name?’ 7 You are presenting defiled food upon My altar. But you say, ‘How have we defiled You?’ In that you say, ‘The table of the LORD is to be despised.’ 8 But when you present the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? And when you present the lame and sick, is it not evil? Why not offer it to your governor? Would he be pleased with you? Or would he receive you kindly?” says the LORD of hosts. 9 “But now will you not entreat God’s favor, that He may be gracious to us? With such an offering on your part, will He receive any of you kindly?” says the LORD of hosts. 10 “Oh that there were one among you who would shut the gates, that you might not uselessly kindle fire on My altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the LORD of hosts, “nor will I accept an offering from you. 11 For from the rising of the sun even to its setting, My name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense is going to be offered to My name, and a grain offering that is pure; for My name will be great among the nations,” says the LORD of hosts. 12 “But you are profaning it, in that you say, ‘The table of the Lord is defiled, and as for its fruit, its food is to be despised.’ 13 You also say, ‘My, how tiresome it is!’ And you disdainfully sniff at it,” says the LORD of hosts, “and you bring what was taken by robbery and what is lame or sick; so you bring the offering! Should I receive that from your hand?” says the LORD. 14 “But cursed be the swindler who has a male in his flock and vows it, but sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord, for I am a great King,” says the LORD of hosts, “and My name is feared among the nations.”

Right here the Jews were offering the worst they had, and not the best, which was required by God. Due to this rebellion, they got cut off. Now, if they chose to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, He is able, and willing, to graft them back in to the true Vine, the true Israel.

Agreed.

#27 convicted1, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012