1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wiersbe Study Bible vs Wiersbe Bible Commentary

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Jim Ryan, Mar 6, 2024.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point was THE FLAK he caught from simply sharing his opinion/belief. That's all.

2. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was labelled a heretic and an apsotate, accused of denying Christ, after all the great work he had done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understood what you were saying KY, he did indeed take a lot of flak. Those that would put those labels on Him did not pay attention to what he said. I still listen to some of his sermons on the net. My dad used to say that Billy Graham was used by God to cast a wide net.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On that thought I have a question and it is based on the resurrection of the sheep and the goats... So lets look at it!

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I've heard some say because the Lord calls them brethren these are church sheep!... If they are why didn't they know the Lord?... But he knew them and gave them eternal life... They displayed the love of God, that God alone put there... Since God is the source of Love that is the only way you get it, because this is how we all come into the world.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Although being the children of wrath even like others, by God's Love, Grace and Mercy alone we are quickened and born from above.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Brother Glen:)

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone that has been born from above OT & NT has trusted in God. Only God can save and He will only save those that trust in Him.

6. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Argue with scripture... Brother Glen:)

7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    @tyndale1946 Did I not say "Only God can save and He will only save those that trust in Him." What you posted just confirms what I said.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really stupid question that belies your ignorance. Because it's sheep food, not a formula for immortality that changes goats into sheep as 'you people' have corrupted it to be. It's the message of life and immortality, not the means. 2 Timothy 1:10

Feed My lambs...tend My sheep...feed My sheep... Jn 21:15-17

28 Take heed unto yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit hath made you bishops, to feed the church of the Lord which he purchased with his own blood. Acts 20

1 The elders among you I exhort, who am a fellow-elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, who am also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
    2 Tend the flock of God which is among you, exercising the oversight, not of constraint, but willingly, according to the will of God; nor yet for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
    3 neither as lording it over the charge allotted to you, but making yourselves ensamples to the flock. `1 Pet 5

#48 kyredneck, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You miss the point KY. If one is saved without any faith, as you calvinists posit, then why is the gospel necessary. It will accomplish nothing. According to calvinism one is not saved through the gospel but in spite of it. But the bible does disagree with you errant view.
    Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Actually your Act 20:28 reference is to feeding saved people, that's called discipleship.

As to Jn21:15-17 it could be taken as preaching the gospel message to the Jews leading them to salvation or discipleship of those that are already saved.

Another problem that calvinists have is that we are all goats in the sense that we are all lost prior to our salvation.

10. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God didn't trust in us he trusted in Christ... No one deserves any glory but God the Father... He saved only those his Father gave him... Brother Glen:)

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

11. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you miss the last part "who first trusted in Christ" What is it with you calvinists that you refuse to look at verses in context.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you miss this part?:

4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blemish before him in love:
    5 having foreordained us unto adoption as sons through Jesus Christ unto himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, Eph 1

No, @tyndale1946 didn't miss it, you did, you're an unbeliever of God's Sovereign grace.

You're an unbeliever bashing believers, Silverhair.

Silverhair the unbeliever.

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really need to start looking at verses in context as it will save you a great deal of trouble.

Paul is writing "To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:"These are the "our", "us", "we" & "you" that Paul wrote to. But you miss that when you try to impose your theology onto the text rather then get your theology from the text.