1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Will become a church member

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 4, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I concur.
    He could at least refer to her as a "someone I know".
    A little discretion is in order, especially in a public forum.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:ya think?!?

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Agreed. Hopefully John you will take this to heart as good advice from the brethren on here. :praying:

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes excellent point. However she like most do not know anything of discussion exists outside of FB. This board and others like it are not mobile phone friendly and so people have to use a computer which complicates things for most. In other words she does not read this board.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another misstatement. Using the TapaTalk app this board is very phone and tablet friendly. I'd say I use my phone to read and post on BB about 80% of the time.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

*sigh*

So her not knowing that you talk about her the way you do justifies your doing so?

Your worth as a husband doesn't depend only on how you talk TO her. It also depends on how you talk ABOUT her behind her back.

You ignored me the first time, but I will tell you again. I understand that you want her to adhere to your thinking, your religious beliefs, and your worldview.

I know that must be frustrating, but the WAY you talk about her is very uncomplimentary. You shouldn't portray her to others the way that you do.

Try telling people about all your perceived spiritual faults and flaws of hers without bashing her.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow.

General rule of thumb I've discovered over the years, *especially* when it comes to my wife (who, by the way, is listed right after our Christian walk--i.e., our relationship with God--in what I've come to realize is a list of priorities in Ephesians 4-6), is to always pretend she's standing behind me listening or reading over my shoulder.

If I don't want her finding out accidentally, then I don't say/write it. Period. And I realize that if I don't want her finding out accidentally, I probably shouldn't be saying/writing it in the first place.

Going back to the list of priorities -- consider it like this: Does Jesus talk this way about the church--us--behind our backs? If we're to love our wives like Christ loves the church, then shouldn't we practice talking to, treating, and otherwise loving our wives the way Christ would talk to, treat, and love us?

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going to this board on a standard smart phone is not very easy. iPhones and Blackberries. A special app I was not aware of. But why no mobile friendly site?

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do make a point. Yes I do have a weakness of gossip. However it goes unnoticed as I do not do it in the church or on FB and so people think I am not talking. You are correct. Pray for me.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    very true, very true indeed. You spotted a weakness of mine. Pray for me..