1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will God Send You To Hell For Not Leading At Least ONE Person to Christ?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jamal5000, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

I know many sincere, devoted warm Christians who have never personally guided someone to repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Yes, they have talked to the unsaved about Jesus.
    Yes, they have given them tracts about Christ.
    Yes, they have invited them to Church.
    Yes, they have followed up on them subsequently.
    Yes, they have confessed to them about their struggles.
    Yes, they have listened and patiently answered quetions.

However, the person did not give themselves to Christ...and never did. It frustrates Christians because they try so hard.

Sometimes they feel inadequate compared to others who find success, and they often feel that they are letting God down. They're concerned about being so "unfruitful" that God may not accept them into heaven.

If you never led anyone to Christ directly, would God not let you in?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Since it is up to God when a person is saved, and not us,we are only responsable for telling them, not their decision. Then the answer has to be no.

3. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I have led people to Christ, but my salvation depends on believing that Christ came to pay for my sins and accepting his sacrifice. The bible says some plant, some water but God gives the increase.

4. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

"Will God Send You To Hell For Not Leading At Least ONE Person to Christ?"

The only thing that can make you eternally seperated from God is choosing against Him.

We are to be obedient to his commandments , but salvation is the only thing that will determine our eternal destination...not how many people are brought to his saving grace through his using us. There is no power to do that within us, we are just the tools he uses.

Why would you think that God would punish a person to Hell because He didn't use us? All we are commanded to do is to go. And even if you don't go, that's being disobedient, not unsaved.

5. Tim

Tim New Member

Let me rephrase the question,
    "Is our salvation based upon our works?"

In Christ,

Tim

6. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I'm sorry, I thought I already answered that.

Let me rephrase my answer. No.

7. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I once posted about a young man who gave me a tract on the street. He shared the salvation plan. He planted the seed. I really didn't get it at the time. It was seven years later when my sister had received Christ and invited me to church. I did and accepted the Lord. The Lord brought to my remembrance those people who shared Christ with me. I am still grateful. I never saw the young man again. When he gets to heaven and the Lord says "Well done thy good and faithful servant". He may ask what good he did. Jesus will say when I was hungry you gave me meat, when I was thirsty you gave me drink. He will say when Lord, did I give you drink or meat? He will answer, that you have done for the least of these you have done for me.

I know I will see that young man again and let him know what he did in Christ's name for me.

I Cor:

11. But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
    12. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
    13. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
    14. For the body is not one member, but many.
    15. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
    16. And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
    17. If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
    18. But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
    19. And if they were all one member, where were the body?
    20. But now are they many members, yet but one body.
    21. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
    22. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
    23. And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

Of course there is more but this shows that every member of the body is of the same Spirit and God can use them all with the gifts he gives.

It sounds like one of the devils devices to try to get Christians to feel worthless so he can try to make their work seem worthless. Then he can discourage them.

8. Tim

Tim New Member

Wisdom Seeker,

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just trying to boil down the main question to it's essence.

In Christ,

Tim

9. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Our works are as filthy rags. I believe we confuse works with fruits. Fruit comes as an outworking of the Holy Spirit in us. We produce fruit as a result of our love for God.

10. Tim

Tim New Member

Elnora,

I think we agree that "fruit" is not only leading someone to Christ. Other things also show evidence of the Spirit's working through and in us. To make that particular experiance a necessity for salvation would be a reversion to works-salvation.

In Christ,

Tim

11. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Yes Tim we agree. Galatians 5:22-23. I don't understand the second statement "that particular experience" could you clarify. Thanks.

12. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I guess what I am trying to say is when we share Christ isn't it just an outpouring of sharing the love he showed us? I don't consider that "works".

Only by grace through faith are we saved not of works, lest we boast.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

As I said, no.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Leading someone to the point where they repent and call on Christ to save them is a THRILL and a PRIVILEGE.

To make my salvation contingent on their decision is ludicrous. Perhaps another ploy of the "guilt trip" religion that pseudo-iber'ers are trying to run.

Sad.

15. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Good point Dr. Bob,
    pseudo-iber's. I've never heard the expression "guilt trip" religion before. :D

16. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

I kind of like the illustration of everyone you've ever known while living as a Christian who you never spoke to about Christ asking you why you never told them on judgement day.

Guilt trip? Yes. But it does make one think.

17. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

I can just see the new, revised witnessing training clinics.

Lead them to repent and trust Jesus AND
    commit to going out and saving someone else

THEN they are saved, and not until????

gimme a break! They don't even have to be baptized to be saved! [​IMG]

18. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

I'd like to say this ........

There was Jesus hanging on the cross and right next to him was a thief. This man became saved hanging with Jesus on the cross, He never led a man to the Lord, He was never baptized either.

1. You do not need to ever lead anyone to the Lord to go to heaven
    2. You do not have to be baptized to go to heaven.
    3. Once you are saved you are ALWAYS saved.

To tell the truth your life so changed once you recieve that gift you do not deserve.

Mercy..... not getting something we should get.
    This is what The LORD gives each and everyone of us that decided to let him into our hearts.
    *steps off my soap box* :)

19. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Simple answer - no. God sends people to Hell because of their unbelief. Nothing more, nothing less, in spite of the number of people who believe that a person must have specific doctrines and do certain things to be saved.

However, I think it is quite important that we live a life of evangelism. Investing your life in a non-Christian's and seeing the Holy Spirit work in his or her life is an amazing experience.

20. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Hey Scott,

I agree with you for once! See, God still is in the miracle business! :D