1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will the GOP Stop FOCA?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Yet you have argued for his election for the last several months. And Ken, Obama is not going to pull out of Iraq after his Intell briefing.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My logic and ethics are just fine, thank you. Disagreeing with you is not the standard for judging another person's logic and ethics.

A person can disagree with you and still be quite logical and ethical.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So? I don't agree with President-Elect Obama on everything. Did you agree with the presidential candidate you voted for on everything?

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I agreed with him about life. There is no blood on my hands. And when this next Administration starts funding embryonic stem cells and abortion clinics I may just stop working, find a place on Lake George and fish for my food. Depriving the government the funds to kill our next generation.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I hear crickets chirping in place of Youtube's "response."

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It is questioning another Christianity by showing dismay that one can call themselves a Christian when they view the world differently from you. I can agree God wants us to protect life but He also mentioned many other sins He finds abominable and made sure they were spelled out specifically in His Word.He didn't rank them and say if you get murder right I can over look the rest, he gave us a list and wants us to obey all.

Because you can conceive of no way, doesn't make your view any more right with God than mine. So if you can't conceive fine, express it in the light of love and not in condemnation.

Here is the way I see it, remember the story of the good Samaritan. It began with pointing out believers passing up the opportunity to do good while on their way to something they felt was a greater good and more of a pleasing obligation to God. I can applaud each of you for feeling so strongly against abortions. However, like in the story of the good Samaritan, I caution that you are passing up opportunities to do work that was assigned our hands while on your way to an Anti-Abortion rally. Your post illustrates how easy it is to feel what you're doing is God's good work for mankind while overlooking what He asked us to do in His Word.

Like in the story, you can justify passing up your fellowman by saying I was on my way to Church or I was on my way to an anti-abortion rally, but your position and excuse is not why Jesus put that story in the Bible. It is exactly what Jesus cautioned about by putting this story in the Bible.

This is where I scratch my head, Jesus specifically said in His Word, "Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me" yet you say I am "falling into the false ethic of trying to figure out what is the greatest good". I'm not trying to figure out the greater good, I am pointing out what Jesus said we can easily do to the "least of these" while trying to do what we feel is His Greater good.

You guys are the ones trying to prioritize and rank what cause to advocate for God by singularly finding abortion as the only atrocity worth advocating, I am the one saying don't forget the rest of what God asked us to advocate. He really is concerned about all of mankind.

Lest we forget, "Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You would have a good argument if you could show us a Bible that only condemns murder. But since you and I both know the Bible condemns more than murder, you have a very weak point.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No, on this point Ken speaks with the fullness of Scripture and not as one who read one verse then went out to do good.

9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Protection of the helpless was on the top of Jesus' priority list (in terms of His earthly "works"). It should be on the top of ours, too...

Luk 17:2 It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin.

This shows the seriousness of causing a child to sin. How much worse for one who enables the murder of MILLIONS of them?

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Never in scripture do we see the command to compromise on anything. The fact that this disgusting individual (Barak) could PRESS for the increase of child murder, should be enough for any Christian not to vote for him.

In fact, I cannot think of a single issue that Barak supports, that is biblical, though...

#1 Entitlement programs...

2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

#2 Homosexual marriage...

Rom 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
    Rom 1:27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

#3 Abortion (murder)...

Goes without saying

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I hate to keep bringing this up, is that the only sin you see? Are unborn children the only helpless you see?

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

And which biblical principles did McCain support?

13. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Again, you don't know anything about my ministry, or that of my local church, so you cannot make the assumption that I (we) disregard "the least of these while on the way to an abortion rally." Your premise here is false. I (we) do not neglect "the least of these" in favor of supporting the right to life of the unborn. You don't know that we (my local church) feeds hundreds of needy folks in our community by providing a food pantry where they can come and get bags of groceries absolutely free of charge every other week. You don't know about our (my local church's) involvement with the local crisis pregnancy support services. You don't know about our (my local church's) bi-annual clothes closet where we give away tons of donated clothes. You don't know about our (my local church's) ministry to local schools where we give away hundreds of school book bags, filled with all the school supplies requested by the teachers, to needy kids each fall. You don't about our (my local church's) benevolence fund for helping anyone in financial need, who meets with one of our pastors, and is approved for the outreach program. You don't know about our (my local church's) outreach to the NC State Prisons in our area. You don't know about our (my local church's) ministry to help people get over their addictions. There are so many more ministries that you do not know about. It is not an either/or situation as you are trying to paint. This is the fatal flaw in your logic regarding this point. Killing the unborn is biblically, ethically, and morally wrong. You can't get around that fact.

If you can show me from the Scriptures, using sound hermeneutics and solid exegesis anywhere Jesus would support killing the unborn, of people who were not already under God's judgment, please do so. Otherwise, your argument against my inability to conceive any time where Jesus would support such a thing rings hollow.

#33 Bible-boy, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The unborn and newly born are totally helpless. 50 million and counting. when will you be satisfied?

15. OldRegular

Protecting the unborn!:laugh:

16. OldRegular

Well if the Defense of Marriage Act is killed by the democrats and Obama perhaps in a few years abortion may become a moot issue.

17. OldRegular

Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

18. OldRegular

I did not question anyone's Christianity. I simply said I do not understand how a Christian can support the murder of babies.

Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My questions was are they the ONLY helpless among us?

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

McCain abortion view changed during this campaign. We all know it was to bring in the far right of his party. In his 26 years on the hill, what legislation did he introduce to stop abortions? What makes you think he would have introduced any as President?