1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will you be seeing "Star Trek: Nemesis"?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Johnv, Dec 11, 2002.

?
  1. <b>Yes</b> I would like to see it opening weekend or thereabouts

68.4%
  2. <b>Yes</b> I will see it after the theater crowds die down

21.1%
  3. <b>No</b> But I will watch it on dvd/video/cable/television

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. <b>No</b> I like Science Fiction, but I'm not a fan of the Star Trek franchise

5.3%
  5. <b>No</b> I'm sure it's a good movie, but I'm not a sci-fi fan.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. <b>No</b> Star Trek is the work of Satan

5.3%
  7. What's Star Trek?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I didn't seem to need a tissue.

Okay, I saw Nemesis Christmas Day, and I can't believe I forgot to post my thoughts on it.

It was pretty good, but not incredible. Patrick Stewart was his usual lusciously good self (I threw that in just for you, Johnv), and I thoroughly enjoyed this story for him. But the rest of the characters are getting a bit . . . boring. Brent Spiner always rocks, though, and I really wouldn't mind a film with just Data and Picard! But how would that work, right?

I agree - the bad guy could have been better. He seemed a caricature, not a character. But maybe that was the point?

And yes, they cheated.

And yes, I predicted the ending tissue-y part early. Not that it wasn't still good, but you know.

And some of these actors need to learn how to, oh, I don't know, act? Most of the time they do well, but when it comes to schmaltz, they're like a B movie.

And what was up with Deanna jumping into Will's arms all the time? 15 years and now she's a damsel in distress? I couldn't buy that.

Anyway, I enjoyed myself because I'm a fan, but did have problems with some bits of the film on the merits. But, as a fan, I can overlook them. [​IMG]