1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will you stop to pick-up these coins?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by LarryN, Jun 3, 2005.

?
  1. Dollar Coins?

100.0%
  2. Half Dollars?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Quarters?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dimes?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nickels?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pennies?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LarryN

LarryN New Member

This is a very simple poll. I'm just curious about how many of us will take the time & make the effort to bend over & pick up various coins.

2. LarryN

LarryN New Member

To clarify my question, I'm asking about a single coin of any of the types listed.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I applied my vote to euro coins

€2
    €1
    50c
    20c
    10c
    5c
    2c
    1c

and the answeris still "yes" to all [​IMG]

4. LarryN

LarryN New Member

Roger, I didn't mean to exclude our friends from "across the pond". I'm glad you improvised!

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember if the item sells for 1USD the store won't sell to you for .99USD :D

6. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

I'd walk a mile to pick up a penny. Not for the value, but, because I get energized by picking up pennies. Must be the copper!
    :eek: :D

7. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

That next penny I pick up might put me over a million. :D

8. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I read an interesting tidbit a few years ago when Mircosoft was at its highest. At the time, if Bill Gates took the time (2 or 3 seconds) to bend over and pick up a $1000.00 bill that he would loose money because he was making more than that doing what he was doing. He once bought a painting for $36 million...they said he had been saving up for it aaalllll day. [​IMG]

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

A few cents may not seem much to be bothered about, yet in missions, a dollar a month can feed people.

10. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sad but true, there aint no pennies/cents in Oz, the smallest coin these days is a 5c piece....

11. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well Briony, the rumour I have heard is that we wont see that for much longer either! :(

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For 10 or 15 years I have held the philosophy that one penny is not worth the effort to bend down and pick it up. So if I see one or drop one, I usually ignore it. But a nickel-- I might still risk my life to pick up one of those ;) .

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

My wife and I walked into town one day before the euro change-over. I really struck it big and found a 5p and two 2p coins!

We got to the shop and I had left my wallet at home. Between us we scrounged for change and guess what?
    We had EXACTLY enough with the 9p I had found!

14. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I'll pick up a penny if my hubby doesn't grab it first. It has "In God We Trust" on it just a small reminder that we should trust Him for everything. (My hubby when he grabs his penny he always says "thank you Jesus" when he picks it up.. for the remider to trust the Lord I guess? Its true a 1 penny alone might not be much but save a few pennies and you can acually have alot. :D I always think of the scripture about the foolish things confounding the wise. Penny's must fit in that catagory? You think? BTW, I used to when I was a child.... I'd always say that little quote/saying, (don't know where it came from?) "See a penny pick it up and all day you'll have good luck." I'm glad I'm finally a grown up. [​IMG]

Have a great Day! [​IMG]

Oh and another thing for the men here that use washers. A old farmer friend of mine went to the hardware store to buy some metal washers and noticed they were 5 cents a peice. Well he remembered he had a jar full of pennies back at his house so he went home and drilled holes in the pennies and used them for washers. If theres a moral to my friend's quick thinking it would be one of two things
    # 1 the penny increased in value by 4 cents or...
    # 2 if you'd pick up a nickle you better pick up washers also because they are worth 5 cents too! [​IMG]

15. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I don't care what kind of coin it is....if it's not claimed by anyone else first...IT'S MINE!!!!

Me and Jimmy were at Taco Bell the other day and someone left a dime on the counter. We thought we'd struck gold. We go to throw our trash away and there we found a quarter!!! All I could think was Praise God!!!