1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Witness at IRS Hearing: ‘I Will Not Retreat; I Will Not Surrender’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Feb 9, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...aring-i-will-not-retreat-i-will-not-surrender

Witness at IRS Hearing: ‘I Will Not Retreat; I Will Not Surrender’ February 6, 2014 - 11:12 AM -

(CNSNews.com) - King Street Patriots founder Catherine Engelbrecht, one of many conservatives who claim they were unfairly targeted by the IRS when applying for tax-exempt status, told Congress Thursday that she is “more determined ever than before to stand before you and to all of America and say that I will not retreat.”

“Know this,” she said, “my experiences at the hands of this government in the last five years have made me more determined ever than before to stand before you and to all of America and say that I will not retreat. I will not surrender. I will not be intimidated, and I will not ask for permission to exercise my constitutional rights.”

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Good for her. We should also be so bold, I'm on the board of a non profit Christian organization that applied for 501 c 3 status almost a year ago and have not heard a thing from the IRS. I hear it is still very common. Definitely Obama's thugs are still strong arming conservatives and Christians. Kinda of like Germany 80 years ago. I hope we don't follow that path.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The very existence of the IRS is a scandal.

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Quote of century right there. I'm tired of Presidents who use the Constitution as a mat on which to wipe their feet. Sadly enough, it wasn't until I was in my mid 30's that my boss at work corrected my understanding and said "Brian, we're not a democracy; we're a constitutional republic! There is a huge difference. But don't tell a Obama that."

So I agree with this lady....we should not ask permission to exercise our constitutional rights.