1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WITNESSING- where, when, why, how?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by lindz, Mar 5, 2004.

1. lindz

lindz New Member

Some of us are really cancerned about the lost but dont' know what to do! Well, I have a few tips.
    -take a class on witnessing.
    -read a book on witnessing
    -go door to door on the weekends or when possible
    -hand out Gospel tracts wherever you go. (grocery store, gas station, Dr.'s office, etc.)
    -witness to a telemarketer, prank phone caller, or even someone with the wrong number!
    -witness to people over the internet (BE CAREFUL!!)
    -start conversations while waiting in lines, etc.
    -listen to God to tell the lost!!

WHEN?
    -when God propts you to do so

WHY?
    -b/c the harvest is PLENTEOUS but the LABORERS ARE FEW
    -b/c we are living in a gold mine and reach for it even though it is RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES!!
    -b/c we get rewarded in HEAVEN!

HOW?
    -tell them what you did and show them the Scripture!
    -tell them that they are a sinner and how to get our of the eternal punishment of HELL!

come on people! There are people who live near you who are going to die w/o a Saviour! It's our fault if we don't tell them

-lindz
    Romans 10

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi Lindz, I'm taking a 2 hour refresher course on witnessing and counseling tomorrow at our church. We're having a women's conference with 1,200 women from all over the U.S. and Canada in 2 weeks... and we want to be 'fresh'!

I agree with you so much. I witnessed to 2 younger women today at my work. One is Catholic and the other is 'baptist' but knows NOTHING about scripture or why she thinks she's saved. She goes to an AME Baptist church.

Diane

3. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Seems our churches don't emphasise witnessing enough over here. :(

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The best way to be prepared is to read your Bible. Pray for people and always be ready for the opportunity. A soldier is not always in battle but he is always prepared for when it comes. He is always training to be fit and ready. So must we as soldiers of Jesus Christ. (2 Tim. 2:1-7)

If you are ready the opportunities will be there. But for those who are never ready the opportunities never seem to come.

5. Servent

Servent Member

I am in the middle of the Faith Sunday School Evangilism training, it is a excellent tool for witnessing. although it does take commitment,it is a 16 weeks long training coarse.

6. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

One of the best books I ever read, even when I was not KJVO (I do not want to start a Bible debate here but felt that qualifier was needed), was written by the late Jack Hyles, called "Let?s Go Soul Winning".

Jim

7. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member