1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in combat

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by thjplgvp, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Yeah, I would think that the reasons for discrediting either for combat would be very different...but given that someone already posted that gay women were generally strong (sheesh), it may have been easy to combine the two in one post.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I neither attacked anyone not called anyone a name and yet I have been verbally attacked and maligned for giving my opinion. You have leveled the greatest of insults in calling me a coward. And yet each of you says I don't believe women should fight in war. I ask you why not? If females are the equal of their male counter part in combat, if they process information as quickly and accurately as the male soldier, if the female response time in combat is equal to that of the male soldier then why should not the female soldier be on the front lines?

I suggest your responses to my post are based on the current tripe concerning egalitarianism and political bias coupled with the relativism of our times.

One posts that he has proudly led, I would ask who are these he has proudly led and where did he lead them and under what conditions did he lead them and did those conditions include being away from the main compound for weeks at a time with no one to depend on but those you lead? Did they include more than riding around in vehicle to the appeasement of the media and political pressure from home. How many search and destroy missions did you go on with your female soldiers, how many house to house searches have you made with your female soldiers?

You attack me but you do so without truly considering real war and what it takes to win that war. Most hand to hand combat is thrust upon you without warning and lasts 5 seconds or less when a rifle is involved and a little more with a bayonette. Think about the response time are you sure the female soldier's response time is the same as her male counterpart? Most who have responded to my post IMO have not truly considered the quikness required in making decisions in the midst of combat. A one second delay is the difference between being alive and being dead.

The battle field is no place for a woman she is a liability in every sense of the word.

My final post on this topic

thjplgvp

#22 thjplgvp, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2007
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thjplgvp, you did a great job and explained the details very well! Message boards are noted for lack of consideration for others.

As for this senior citizen, who will draw Social Security later this year, I make no apology to the feminists for considering both ladies and sodomites as unfit to serve in spite of the constant political pressure from feminism and other liberals to advance these two groups.

And I believe that the worst mistake that Donald Rumsfeld made as Secretary of Defense under Bush was to bring his sodomite friend, the rich heir to the Seagram whiskey fortune, Steve Herbits, into the Pentagon as a private contractor in the Secretary's office. Herbits made personnel evaluations and organizational evaluations for Rumsfeld. Of what value would the opinion of a sodomite be in military matters? Sodomites by definition are mentally ill. Rumsfeld violated military rules by refusing to accept the advice of someone qualified and insisting upon the unqualified advice of sodomite activist Herbits. Here is where the ideology of liberalism failed in the war against terrorism inside the President's cabinet. Why don't the Democrats say something about this?

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

When I read your post, I was stunned. It was like reading a KKK propaganda poster all over again.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

However, you chose to attack the character of the female soldier. Many female soldiers are in the combat zone protecting your right to keep your prejudice to your self. You chose to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Don't attack the soldier in the combat zone when you are 'in the rear with the gear' and think that leaders will just think that your prejudice is 'cute' and give you an 'atta boy.'

If I hurt your feelings, I apologize. But, to attack women that have legally chosen to defend your freedom in the combat zone when you are 'in the rear with the gear' is extremely offensive.

They are not able to defend themselves against your prejudice . . . and your prejudice against them is not fair to them.

Courage is what is needed in the armed forces. The Air Force may be able to get a way with a little less courage than the other branches, but not by much.

Courage so little to do with 'skill,' 'intellectual speed,' or anything else. courage has everything to do with moral courage. And to try to reduce the courage that our troops need down to just reaction time as obtained by a geek in a white lab coat was ridiculous.

And if attacking a woman's intellectual 'speed' is the best justification for your prejudice that you can find, just remember that it was a woman that had the moral courage to have you born into this world.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

My rule on America is simple:

If they were represented in the Alamo, I will defend the rights of their kind.

There were 'Mexican'-Texans, African-Texans . . . women and children.

If you are foolish enough to think that modernity with its fancy science can predict when women (and men) will or will not have to defend themselves, their families, or their fellow Americans you have not read a page in history.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

CMG

Your post would be a great post (senior citizenship aside) for a KKK rally . . .

Don't you just hate it when your logic is twisted back on that liberal self you call a conservative?

Without women, the west would have never been populated . . . and if you think that they did not fight out here . . . ya' need to read some history.

I am not for women having to fight to defend this country - but, attacking the women folk is just (IMHO) not right.

7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

A coward is a man that would send the weaker vessel to fight his wars. As I indicated in the other thread, the practice of sending women to war is literally barbaric. Combined with our new found penchant for torture, it shows how far we have fallen from anything representing Biblical morality.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I did not realize that there was a pre-existing thread that this prejudicial thread was posed against.

As such I may have missed the 'point' . . . of this thread.

But, I will not tolerate someone 'in the rear with the gear' using the theology from modernity to attack female soldiers. Those female soldiers are in harm's way and not here to defend their intellectual capability or lack thereof.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I consider you a total hypocrite on this issue, El Guero. You say that women have some sort of right to be forced into the military to die in spite of the biological evidence that they are physically less capable. Instead of dealing with the issues, you have merely attacked posters and called them names. If this is the best that you can do, then you really should just refrain from posting. The communists were the best recent example of how women were forced into physical heavy labor for the "good" of the state with the idea of the destruction of the family. Liberalism calls for the suicide of the west because it wants change for the sake of change and power for liberals only. Smearing the opposition is just part of the liberal way of doing business, as you have shown, El Guero.

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I find it hilarious that you, of all people, would mention a "lack of consideration for others" considering how often you attack those you disagree with.

11. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

See what I mean? :BangHead:

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issue is consideration of the well-being of women. As for your intellectual ideas, Terry, I attack them at will. However, you have not found me calling you KKK or any other name with the possible exception of "liberal" since you are a liberal because my purpose is not to demonize you personally, Terry, but to show the public your errors in logic. You should not take open debate personally, Terry, nor should you say that I attack you or anyone else personally. El Guero called me KKK because I said that he did not take the humanity of women into consideration. Do you agree with this sort of tactic, Terry?

13. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I wasn't asking for your apology. Please go back and re-read what I did ask you for.

I was asking that you not associate women with sodomites as if somehow we are equally offensive to you. Being a sodomite is being a abomination before God. Being a woman is not an abomination before God.

If you want to make a case for women not serving in the military and for sodomites not serving in the military, please do so in two different posts. If you want to make a case for neither of these groups being able to "advance", as you quoted above, please do so in two different posts.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about their beliefs about women in combat. I just don't have time and I don't want to.

And I'm not so sure that I, myself, believe that they should be in harm's way.

But.....

If anyone does choose to voice that opinion of women not serving in the military or in more specifically, in combat, then all I am asking is not to use the following arguments.
    • Women can't process information as fast as a man.
    • Women can't process information as accurately as a man.
    • Women are weak.
    • Women, like sodomites, are unfit to serve.
    All I am asking people to do is to use another argument to give one's opinion.

I have asked NOBODY to change their opinion.

14. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Barbarism" (in the historical sense) or lack thereof is completely irrelevant to biblical morality.

When the Greeks coined the term Barbaroi, they were speaking of non-Greek-speaking nations that did not share their language or customs. It's not a biblical issue. It would go well with you to avoid the issue of "barbarian" women in combat. Take your pick...women fighters ("barbarians") or man-boy sex (the Greeks).

Above all, though, the common denominator for the "barbarians" and the Greeks was paganism.

15. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I'll choose neither for they are both heinous.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Scarlet, they are two groups that should be exclued no matter what so they are not lumped together but they are in the same boat on this particular issue.

It is a timely topic considering the recent resignation of Donald Rumsfeld and his disobedient act of insisting that Seagrams heir Steve Herbits, a sodomite activist, be empolyed in the Pentagon in the Secretary's Office the the capacity of evaluating high-ranking military officials and military and governmental organizational functions. This information was given by Herbits and others to Bob Woodward and published in Woodward's book State of Denial part III (?) about the war against terrorists.

If you would tell me that any normal female could perform the same physical tasks in combat training as a man, then the question might be more interesting. However, we all know that standards were lowered at the military academies to accomade the political idea that women are physically equal to men. So, yes, women are weaker than men.

As for their mental process, there is no doubt scientifically that women's brains work differently from men's. Or do you want to show some evidence that they work the same, Scarlett?

Women are unfit to serve in combat. They should be given the role that they had during World War II. That is, their own units and their own duties.

As for the case for sodomites, they are unfit because of mental illness. I do not advocate sending mentally ill people into combat. Nor do I advocate sending men who are not able-bodied into combat. Nor do I advocate sending children into combat.

Scarlett, in the history of the world when have women ever been used in combat in military units in large numbers and on a regular basis? I would say never. The examples are footnotes, Scarlett, in the vast military history of the world. Politics has no place in survival.

17. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I tried to get you not to associate women with sodomites. At least you moved us from being lumped together to just putting us in the same boat. :rolleyes:

I don't like my gender being associated with sodomites.

In general terms, yes, women are physically weaker. There are too many battered women's shelters across the country and too many rape-crisis centers to deny that.

But if there were some specific women who could pass the same physical requirements, not watered down ones, but the same physical requirements for the military as a man, what would be your justification for keeping those women out?

And again, I am not advocating women in combat, I just want to us to re-think why we don't want them there. I think there are some physically strong women out there. They are in the minority of women, but they are there nonetheless.

Well, yes, our brains are different. We are wired differently. I have never denied that. Men's brains are wired to focus on the task at hand. Men are good at taking things apart, mentally, and making judgments.

Women's brains are wired to multi-task. Women are good at putting things together, mentally, or in other words, connecting all the dots, and making judgments.

But what has been claimed on this thread is that women think slower than men and with less accuracy.

And, brother, you are not going to find any research anywhere that proves that women, compared to men, cannot think as fast nor cannot think as accurately as man.

Our brains are different from each other. My brain is different from your brain. But my brain, being different from yours, does not make me slow and inaccurate compared to you.

That's the only point I was trying to make.

I haven't argued that.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scarlett, someone else above has already shown the point about the emotional question of jealousy that women embedded in the regular military units causes. That is why, Scarlett, Amazons are not wanted or needed in male military units. We don't need to rethink these issues all the time if we just reject the liberal ideology that says that everything has to be rethought and everything has to be changed all the time. Scarlett, have you read Suicide of the West? Women are denigrated in all non-Christian and non-Jewish cultures; it is those cultures and religions that you need to address. There is no need for women in the military. You, Scarlett, have not shown the need for women in the military in men's units. Scarlett, why don't you just admit that you motives are political and that you want power to tell the women in my family how they are to live, just as the communists did and the nazis did?

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, this will be my last post.

Brother, I do not believe there is a need for women in the military in men's combat units. I just want us all as brothers and sisters in Christ to be on the same page as to why.

My motives in continuing on this thread is just to get a least one man to refute the claim made by another man here that women are slower thinkers and inaccurate thinkers. Apparently, I can't do that, so I'm finished.

I don't even know the women in your family and as long as they are content and happy with their lives, I don't care what they do.

I am not a communist nor a nazi. I am a Republican.

Have a blessed day.

20. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I dont think women are slow thinkers or inaccurate thinkers. I do think that they are, always thinkers. This is just my personal observation. I think men may be better about acting without thinking where women generaly always think things out. When your job is to ALWAYS follow orders I think the men have the advantage as a field solder.

In other words men are better at "shoot first, ask questions later."

I do not think women belong in combat. However I do think they have places in the military. Thinking jobs outside of battle. Women just think differently, and a when you have a situation that needs thunk-out :smilewinkgrin: you are better off having several people who think differently, all thinking from diferent perspectives.