1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

women preachers

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Heavenbound01, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So can someone who DOES know Greek attempt to answer?

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I already did, Debby, on the I Tim 2:9-15 thread on the Theology Board. I'm looking for more takers here though.

Yours in Christ

Matt

3. mioque

mioque New Member

brother Blackbird
    "A Deacon in the deck of cards always "trumps" a Pastor!! Ahhh, yes! The Preacher's "Supervisor""
    ''
    :confused: last time I checked Elders (not deacons) were the ones that supervised preachers. Those elders are certainly supposed to be male. Deacons are the folks that among other things run the churchcharities.

And it's the verger that trumps the preacher in the deck of cards, because the coffee the preacher is going to drink after the sermon is made by the verger. Who can urinate :eek: in it (for that salty aftertaste) if she happens to disagree with the contents of the sermon. [​IMG]

4. Jamiu

Jamiu New Member

Well,I want to say that no matter the annointing a woman may get from God, it is to help the husband she married. Man is to take the lead but woman is to help him. Most times, when the woman did not know this very well, she takes to ministry and abandon the one to lead. I am a preacher,any time am to go and teach, i always asked my wife to pray for me which she used to do with humility and the outcome of such metting is always great. But if she thinks that she can do alone without me as the head,she can not make it. I think all women who are in private ministry today might have done well if under a man leading them into it.
    Am in Benin Republic, and the bible makes clear to what to do when it comes to pastorate. No man can do it well without the help of his wife and no woman can be a pastor but the wife of a pastor assisting the man to achieve God aim for thier marriage. It is the habit of I want to show that leads such women into .
    Yours.
    Jamiu

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Forgive me, but you neglected to mention the role you think single or widowed women should play in the church.

BTW, welcome to the BB!

Yours in Christ

Matt

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

1 Timothy 5:3 Honor widows who are really widows. 4 But if any widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show piety at home and to repay their parents; for this is good and acceptable before God. 5 Now she who is really a widow, and left alone, trusts in God and continues in supplications and prayers night and day. 6 But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives. 7 And these things command, that they may be blameless. 8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 9 Do not let a widow under sixty years old be taken into the number, and not unless she has been the wife of one man, 10 well reported for good works: if she has brought up children, if she has lodged strangers, if she has washed the saints' feet, if she has relieved the afflicted, if she has diligently followed every good work. 11 But refuse the younger widows; for when they have begun to grow wanton against Christ, they desire to marry, 12 having condemnation because they have cast off their first faith. 13 And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not. 14 Therefore I desire that the younger widows marry, bear children, manage the house, give no opportunity to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 15 For some have already turned aside after Satan. 16 If any believing man or woman has widows, let them relieve them, and do not let the church be burdened, that it may relieve those who are really widows.

7. Rooster

Rooster New Member

I stand proudly by Brother Blackbird, he is right, just because worldy valued femminism allows women to have equal rights , the Bible, Gods holy word, is accurate, unflawed, and not written by the hands of man but inspired by God, with that said, if God intended for women to be praechers, He , and He alone would have stated that in His word. To say otherwise is like saying God is wrong, he made a mistake, or He left something out of His word, just another fine example of how the Church is back-sliding, Christianity is mile wide and only inches thick!