1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WOMEN SPEAKING IN CHURCH

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Alex, Mar 27, 2002.

1. ken1burton

ken1burton Guest

HankD.

Jesus spoke of coming again before He went to the cross, He fulfilled that when He rose on Easter and appeared to the Disciples. When Jesus rose from them about 50 days later there are two men seen in Acts saying they would see Jesus coming as they saw Him leave.

There are 4 Gospels, They show the Ascension. Where are those two men in white? Matthew, Mark, Luke and John consider this not worth writting? Or did they not believe the two men?

These are the Words of Jesus, do these words support what the two men said, or does it contridict them?

(JOHN 14:19) Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. (KJV)

Did 4 Gospel writters know the words spoken in John 14:19 and not care to go against what Jesus said?

If you are waiting on the porch for the second coming of Jesus, I suggest you go into the living room and see who is there. God and Jesus come and make their abode with us. That is in Spirit. He is and has been with us a long time now.

The white horse is sunset to Midnight, the day of the cross as 4 6-hour periods, the white hrse coming in clouds is Jesus taking sin during this time "Thy will be done."

(ISAIAH 44:22) I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee. (KJV)

Jesus said He would go and prepare a place for us, Now He has to go and do it, so the rider on the White horse goes forth conquering and to conquer.

The Church has yet to see Jesus coming in clouds riding a white horse, so this is a future event for most believers.

Ken

2. Molly

Molly New Member

From what I understand scripture to teach,women have a very important and highly honored role,(being a godly women is)but it can never usurp authority over men or teach the Word to men. From these verses,it seems okay for women to be in teaching positions in the local church teaching children,young girls, and other women.....that is if that is their gift and they teach accurately(men should even oversee those things).I also believe women who teach children or women should be spiritually mature and know the Word. Whenever I teach children or other women,my husband always knows what I am teaching and makes sure it is accurate...I want him to do that and I feel it is the biblical way to teach as a woman. I do not agree with women teaching a class where men are present or in a church service etc.

3. Jack Lewis

Jack Lewis New Member

Since I never said anything about you needing to teach widows, or about women not teaching widows, you response doesn't make sense. On the other hand, I would have no problem taking on the challenge of teaching a class of widows. They do study the same Bible y'know.

Jack Lewis
    radioJesus.com

4. Jack Lewis

Jack Lewis New Member

It wasn't an ad hominem, it was an observation of fact pertaining to your statement. Perhaps you would understand it more clearly if I had phrased it, "The trouble with making such a semantical assault on the term 'literal' is that one must leave one's brain behind to do so."

Jack Lewis
    radioJesus.com

5. Jack Lewis

Jack Lewis New Member

The applicable verse, that many seem to overlook, would be, "For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?" -- 1 Corinthians 12:14-17

Jack Lewis
    radioJesus.com

6. Molly

Molly New Member

I agree with those verses and your poin :confused: t is......

7. Molly

Molly New Member

Oh,maybe you are affirming what I stated....I forget some people do agree here! LOL. I apologize if I sounded disrespectful. [​IMG]

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    >>Perhaps you would understand it more clearly if I had phrased it, "The trouble with making such a semantical assault on the term 'literal' is that one must leave one's brain behind to do so.">>

You're right. I am sorry I misunderstood you.

HankD