1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Women teaching men in the church

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 8, 2014.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God is not the author of confusion. In regard to men and women he wants them to have a distinct appearance of being a male or female. He has distinct roles for them in the home and the church that is different.

1. All prohibitions placed on women in regard to either the home or the church are NEVER based on culture but on God's design in creation - pre-cultural. (1 Cor. 11:3,5-6; 14:34-35; 1 Tim. 2:11-15.

2. God's creative design is to pattern the relationship between Christ and His bride - Eph. 5:22-31.

3. Only when the male is disobedient or the culture is perverse does God implement women in the roles He has assigned for men - Isa. 3:11 (Deborah versus Barak; etc..).

4. Examples to the contrary are not valid as the Bible contains examples to everything contrary to God's revealed will.

5. It is absurd to think that the roles of men and women given them by God in the home is automatically reversed when they walk through the door of the church building - Eph. 5:22-25,30-31; etc.

6. Such roles have NOTHING to do with superiority of person but superiority of position even within the Godhead (1 Cor. 11:3).

7. Equality in salvation (neither Jew, Gentile, or bond or free, or female or male) is not applicable to creational design or order in home and in the church.

8. If the woman wants to throw off, reject and rebel against her creational design or position assigned by God then so should children throw off, rebel and reject the creational design, or position in relationship to mother and dad as it is commanded on the VERY SAME BASIS.

9. All such submission, whether it is by humans to government, the woman to the man, or the children to parents is always carefully restricted to what is consistent "IN CHRIST" as directly applied to Christ's own position of submission to the Father - 1 Cor. 3:11

#21 The Biblicist, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said that. They can do street evangelism.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay I made an error. God can use women on the streets, but their primary role should be in the home. Agreed.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said, to quote:

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay I made an error. Their primary role is in the home.

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can use women on the streets? You're the only one saying this. Would you send your wife out alone?

Priscilla taught along side her husband in the synagogue . She was under his authority - not usurping it - and teaching a man. Neither her ability nor her authority to teach the things of God did not end in the parking lot.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not have synagogue's in modern america. Also there was no parking lots in the ANE. I think you are stretching the scripture a little.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs:

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sure we do. There's one in my town.

10. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? No parking lots? I don't have to explain myself there do I?

They didn't have a First Baptist Church either. Read the text. They were preaching Jesus in the synagogue.

Acts 18:24-25 NAS77
    24 Now a certain Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.
    25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John;

Aquila AND Priscilla were correcting the error of Apollos' message. Synagogue means assembly. They were teaching in the place of assembly.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are for Jews and not for Gentiles.

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does that have to do with anything? Are there no Jews in America?

13. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I suggest that wherever you got your Greek definitions is all wet? No lexicon will give any of these definitions.

The word epitrepo occurs 18 time in the NT, and every other time means "to allow, permit." It never means "turn to," or "instruct." So in Timothy it also means "permit."

The word authenteo is a hapax legomena, meaning it only occurs here in the NT. However, the meaning is clear. No lexicon will give the meaning of "to kill." It may be that your source for this is reasoning from the etymology. (My reference books are all on a ship on the way to the States, so I can't check this.) If that be so, then that is what linguists call the root fallacy. Words carry meaning according to their contemporary usage, not according to their original meaning (sometimes hundreds of years previously).

The word didasko has no special meaning of "careful transmission." It is simply the normal Greek word for "to teach," occurring 91 times in the NT. True, it is used of good teaching in many passages, but it is also used of heretical teaching (Rev. 2:14, 20). Any 1st century secular Greek tutor of children would use the word.

You're a smart man. If you have the spare time I suggest you take a Greek class online. It would help you discern such errors. Alternatively, there is Vine's Expository Dictionary or the Englishman's Greek NT.