1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wonder why ....

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Jun 24, 2006.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    imacs are so cheap on ebay. Is there something plain bad about them or is it just that they are so ugly :laugh:

They are selling for 20-40 bucks. Seems pretty cheap to me.

Do they have problems or just old and out of date like me :tongue3:

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing wrong with them, but the ones I found when I searched e-Bay are first or second revision machines -- which means that they were produced in 1998-1999.

And regarding "ugly", I didn't really care for the looks myself, but a number of Windows PC makers scrambled to copy their look. Within a couple of years, it seemed all sorts of appliances had aped the original iMac design -- even George Foreman grills!

Considering that the technology is at least seven years old and it doesn't have the power to easily handle the latest version of Mac OS X, getting $20-$40 dollars for them is mighty impressive. Try looking at prices for Windows PCs of that era!