1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Word made flesh

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Nov 17, 2010.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

percho no disrespect, but I have two questions. Where are you getting this stuff and what are you talking about?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Percho,
    I don't know what you mean by "physical sins" and "spiritual sins". This sounds sort of Catholic.

Jesus committed NO sin. No rebirth needed.

Other than that, I have no idea what you're talking about.

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we had this discussion concerning 1 Cor. 15:20 concerning the resurrection as the first fruit of them that slept (those that had died), would you have had problem with we also being fruit from the dead at out resurrection? Is this not how firstfruits is used, as a harvest term? Well the same Holy Spirit that inspired firstfruits inspired firstborn/begotten depending on the translation used.
    Resurrection is spoken of as a birth many times in both the Old and New. Concerning the post to Amy. He did not have the Holy Spirit to give. That was the promise given to Abraham and his one seed Christ. The Holy Spirit of promise which Christ would receive from the Father to bless the nations with.
    Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Should be through the faith. If you read chapter 2 and 3 and Romans in KJV it would be through the faith of Christ.In Acts 2:32,33 it is stated that Jesus received the Holy Spirit from the Father (probably on the morrow after the resurrection) then beginning the on the day of firstfruits he began to shed forth it on the called out ones by measure.

Was his resurrection a regeneration? I know you do not think so. But he is to have the preeminence and in this very verse includes born from the dead. Was the water baptism of Jesus a shadow of his true baptism that is death and resurrection for remission of sins and to fulfill all righteousness?

He went down into the water that is under= death shed his blood=we were washed.
    He came up out of the water=resurrection to life.
    The Spirit of God descended from heaven in the form of a dove and landed on him=receiving the Holy Spirit or renewing in his case of the Holy Spirit
    And after his suffering a voice saying=This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Now let's compare a couple of verses and you tell me who they are about. we could include a lot of verses that we thing are about us but are about Jesus the Christ. They include words like justified, righteousness, faith and others. I'll do two if you want more say so.

We know this is about Jesus. Rev. 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Is this next one not the very same as his true baptism shown above. Titus 3:5
    Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing (washed us from our sins in his own blood) of regeneration,(the first begotten of the dead) and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (what did he do with it just like in Acts 2:33 after he received it next verse) Which he shed on us abundantly.

If you dove tail in Eph. 2:8,9 the gift is the Holy Spirit that brings eternal life
    salvation through the faith of Christ.

Please do not be hasty but study this a little and let me know. If I misquoted scripture or took out of context let me know. A case in point is Titus.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am sorry I still don't know what your talking about, but I can tell you that the Lord Jesus was born once, died once and arose once. He never had two births.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

percho

Not sure but sounds like you may have been exposed to Word of Faith heresy, in particular your seeming confusion about the nature and purpose of the incarnation.

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do no know who or what word of faith teach.

I will put scripture references to the following if you want.

Incarnation. The Word who was God and was with God was made flesh. Now just a little about those who were made/created flesh. What is man? Thou made him a little lower than the angels. Does this next verse tell why lower than the angels? Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels. This is stated about man after the resurrection to eternal life. Now the Word was made flesh and they called his name Jesus. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death. He was made flesh so he could die.

For he hath made him sin for us, who knew no sin. For the wages of sin death but the gift of God eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. How? I thought he was dead. He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. But God raised him from the dead: And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

7. RAdam

RAdam New Member

There are only two births - natural and spiritual. Jesus said, "that which is born of the flesh is flesh, that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." We were all born naturally of the flesh, and thus are flesh. All of God's born again children are born of the Spirit, and thus have a spiritual nature as well, which the bible calls the inner man, the new man, etc. To be born you must be born of something. The something of which a person is born gives birth to a like material. That which is born of the flesh is flesh.

If you are going to say the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead was a birth, I must ask what He was born of. I must also ask what this so called birth created.

By the way, begotten and born are not synonymous.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you on begotten and born. I know no Greek but I think it was translated according to what the translators thought to be in context.

Three questions.

Is anyone presently conformed to the image of the Son of God, Jesus the Christ? This being from Romans 8:29.
    This image spoken of, is it the pre or post resurrection image of the Son of God? From Romans 8:29.
    When the little baby they called Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, was he born a living soul or a quickening spirit?

9. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Answer to your questions:

No one living on this earth is. All of God's children who were foreknown and predestinated will be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ at the last day.

It is the resurrected and glorified body of Jesus Christ. The pre-resurrection body was a body like ours except without sin.

1 Corinthians 15:45 says, "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit."

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember the OP Does the word of God describe the Word made flesh Jesus the Christ as being born more than once?

I agree with your answers to questions 1 and 2 therefore at the last day, the day of our resurrection we will be conformed to the image of the resurrected Christ and he will then be the firstborn of many brethren for we on that day will be born from the dead by resurrection. He is already the firstborn from the dead but on that he will be firstborn of many.

On question 3 we need to be more clear. When he was born of Mary?
    What is man (Adam). Made a little lower than the angels.
    We see Jesus. Made a little lower than the angels. For the purpose of death.
    But God raised him from the dead> Acts 13:33
    For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth John 5:21
    For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; John 5:26
    The second Adam (man) a quickening Spirit. When???????
    Even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. Balance of John 5:21