1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would God command men to do something they were unable to do?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by reformedbeliever, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allan

Allan Active Member

Not to actually try to contradict you Brother Bob, but Abraham was not under the Levitical Law since that came through Moses who was after Abraham.

So the fact Abraham kept the Law is not actually what scripture says:
    This is in reference to all God told Abraham to do, believe, and walk in. Not the Levitical Law but the "charge(s)" given to Abraham by God and how God told Abraham to live, and what he was to do and not do.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Agreed Allan;
    But if it was a Commandment, Statue or Laws from God to Abraham to diobey God would of been sin.

But David was under the Levitical Law and God said David and Solomon kept the Commandments and even spoke that it was the Law given unto Moses.

1Ki 14:8And rent the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee: and [yet] thou hast not been as my servant David, who kept my commandments, and who followed me with all his heart, to do [that] only [which was] right in mine eyes;

2Ki 18:6For he clave to the LORD, [and] departed not from following him, but kept his commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses.

Psa 119:55I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law.

1Ch 29:19And give unto Solomon my son a perfect heart, to keep thy commandments, thy testimonies, and thy statutes, and to do all [these things], and to build the palace, [for] the which I have made provision.

There are many more, we can take our pick.

#222 Brother Bob, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2006
  3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bob the man...
    Yes or No. Not yes and But.

Someone once said "one is not a man unless he can answer yes or no." I think it is a silly notion to say something like that, but lets play the silly game and say its true. YES OR NO? :)

Now this....."The sinning of the inwarded and outward man"....

Name one sin that is not part of the inward man please. Thanks.

YES or NO...Bob the man???

Again...name one sin that is not part of the inward man please. Thanks

10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

What is this sin in verse 10? Is this to the inward man sin or the outward man sin?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Rom 7:22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Rom 7:23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Rom 7:24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rom 7:25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Jo 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bob the man..

Was that a yes or no?

I'll not carry this on for 5 pages. But...lets have fun one more time...can you not make a stand bob? :)

Will your whole idea FALL? come now...be that MAN.

Yes or No. Not yes and But.

Someone once said "one is not a man unless he can answer yes or no." I think it is a silly notion to say something like that, but lets play the silly game and say its true. YES OR NO? :)

Now this....."The sinning of the inwarded and outward man"....

Name one sin that is not part of the inward man please. Thanks.

YES or NO...Bob the man???

Again...name one sin that is not part of the inward man please. Thanks

10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

What is this sin in verse 10? Is this to the inward man sin or the outward man sin?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bob

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Adultery, murder etc. Of course I am talking about the children of God.

Jamie;

1 John, chapter 1

1: That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
    2: (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
    3: That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
    4: And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
    5: This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
    6: If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    7: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    8: If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10: If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

In past tense James. By the blood of Christ He hath cleansed us from our sins.

If you believe Christ sins then I could name you one James but in Him there is no sin. You talk as a foolish man. What kind of Christians do you fellowship anyway or rather what kind of Christian do they fellowship.

Sin is in the body James;
    22": For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

"23": But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

"24": O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans, chapter 7

"23": But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members

Romans, chapter 7

"23": But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

You have already surprised me on this board saying how God's children can sin unto death so you tell me the sins of the inward man. I say there is none.

#226 Brother Bob, Nov 1, 2006
  7. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob..you can twist all you want...you sure are good at this. But lets look again.

Bob...are you saying this verse say we only sinned in the past???

YES or NO??

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, you believe or don't know if a man can hear the commandment of God to repent but then again you say the "dead can't hear anything". Which is it Jamie boy.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    1. Are you cleansed from your sins Jamie boy or are you still in them?

Careful!
    6: If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

#228 Brother Bob, Nov 1, 2006
  9. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

You can answer it can you Bob the man. :)

As I said 10 pages back..you have nothing...but silly pointless post on this thread.
    I have other things to do.

You are on your own here. You win bob. You are the MAN.
    i'm done..

I guess you "slapped me up again Bob". :) Boy you are a sharp one Bob.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1Jo 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

That which is born of God cannot sin.
    Is there any part of you Jamie boy that is born of God?

Yes or no!

You are the silly one. You ramble off the subject because you can't answer it. One thing you finally did admit and that is that Abraham kept God's commandments of which you said they couldn't keep before.

Lastly, again is there any part of you that is "born of God"? Jamie boy, Surely you can answer that?

Yes or No!!!!!

I agree with you that the posts you have made is silly, Also, I don't have to make my font 10 times too big either. It is a sign of losing Jamie boy!!

#230 Brother Bob, Nov 1, 2006
  11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Jauthor001
    You win bob. You are the MAN.
    i'm done..

I accept Jamie boy!!

I have enjoyed this one Jamie boy!!

#231 Brother Bob, Nov 1, 2006
  12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt. 5:48

Who among you have kept that one? :saint:

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The question is: "who among you is not striving to be perfect?"

[​IMG]

14. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

You better go back and read it again bob. I doesn't say to strive... it says to be.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brother Bob
    The question is: "who among you is not striving to be perfect?"

[​IMG]

You better go back and read it again bob. I doesn't say to strive... it says to be.

Oh, but I did read it reformed and I am still working on it. Of course that which is born of God cannot sin. At least I have that already and working on the rest, one day will be like Him though.

16. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

If we say we have no sin, we decieve ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

17. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Past page 20. Enough petty, personal bickering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.