1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you give up your rock?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dootles, Sep 27, 2002.

1. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

Scott,

I'm not attacking you, don't wet your diaper. I was just kidding. I'm sure you are very intelligent.

2. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

Travelsong,

Of course I have an opinion on this, why do you think I asked you if music can make you angry.

I think it can, however I do not have years of research in the field so in order to present a worthwhile argument I have provided evidence from a man who has. I have enough sense to know that you wouldn't give my opinion much credence, so why would I go to the bother of providing it?

No doubt you'll try to twist some of Dr Weinbergers ascertions and question his findings, this doesn't bother me at all. My only intention in this debate is to prove that a reasonable case can be made against you.

I think I've already achieved that.

Perhaps you will be able to come up with an expert opinion to support your views, if you do then fair enough. But let's have the humility to acknowledge that neither of us have the knowledge required to judge between two contrasting expert opinions.

I look forward to reading your post.

Enda

3. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

Scott/Travelsong,

Here's a website you might find interesting.

THEOMUSICOLOGY - Rock Theology

I've only had a quick look at the site so I'm not sure if it will be helpful in this discussion but I thought you both might be innterested in it.

God Bless

Enda

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder if this discussion is now too long to be helpful and beginning (again) to become personal.

Why not start a new thread on one of the aspects and we'll let this thread close down?

Will shut this one down at midnight Saturday. But it will be here for the good "links" that have been shared. Thanks.

[​IMG]

5. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

I'll just squeeze in one more short article before Dr.Bob pulls the plug.

Thats about all I have to say for now anyway.

Travelsong/Scott, you can pm me, I will give your response honest consideration.

God Bless

Enda

6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Pretty interesting studies, but it still does not prove a traditional-only approach to Christian music. To those who favor contemporary, there is no reason to question Weingarten. Our senseshave been tuned to react to such stimili like that, but it does not prove that those emotions are always bad or sinful. Once again, people can use a piece to try to rile up a sinful manifestation of anger (escpecially according to the context of what is going on), but it still does not delineate certain styles as "good" or "bad".