1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you marry your political opposite?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Negative! A pharmacist is a person whose job is to prepare and sell the drugs and medicines that a doctor prescribes for patients.

I don't know of any drug dealers who receive prescriptions from a licensed doctor.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

In answer to the OP:

No Paul, I won't marry you, even if you do believe that sort of marriage is ok.

4. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I was not praying to make myself look good. I was praying because I genuinely feel sorry for you. I'm sad that you have to live your life like this, and I want you to experience real freedom and grace in your life. Trust me - I've been there. It takes a lot of energy to be bitter and vindictive. Just give it to Christ.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

from http://www.etymonline.com

pharmacy
    late 14c., "a medicine," from O.Fr. farmacie, from M.L. pharmacia, from Gk. pharmakeia "use of drugs or medicines," from pharmakeus "preparer of drugs," from pharmakon "drug, poison, philter, charm, spell, enchantment." Meaning "use or administration of drugs" is attested from c.1400; that of "place where drugs are prepared and dispensed" is first recorded 1833.

Doesn't say anything about legal or license.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah...right.:rolleyes:

You may have yourself fooled, but not others here.

#86 carpro, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He foooled me:smilewinkgrin:

#87 Salty, Jan 23, 2011
  8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The freedom that you experience is not from giving it to Christ. The freedom you experience is from putting your religion in a shoebox and only pulling it out when it makes you feel good. You tuck that shoebox in the attic when it might harm or offend you. To experience real freedom try taking your religion out of the shoebox and living a Christ centered life.

9. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

And how would you happen to know this about me? What have I done here to indicate Do you know the depths of my heart?

I believe in relationship instead of religion. You can keep your religion. I have a personal relationship with the Creator of the universe. I'll take that any day. It doesn't mean I don't believe in truth or doctrine, but if I believe the right things and it doesn't make a heart change, it's no good.

I'm really at a loss for why you would say these kinds of things about me. I feel as if you're judging me at my core when you really have no idea. It's especially troubling when, to me, you yourself seem very angry and bitter.

God, please help Matt to find sweet relief that is found in you.

10. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Do you not understand how offensive and judgmental this is? Do you think you have some divine insight that others don't? You don't know me. There's no way, especially since I've tried to be firm but still kind to you when you berate me and others, that you can really know me at my core.

Don't you think you're a bit hypocritical when you claim to love Christ but speak so rudely to his followers.

You are still in my prayers, friend.

Thanks, Mr. Salty. I know you and I disagree often, but we share a common link through the Spirit. Thank you for being respectful even in disagreement.

#90 jaigner, Jan 23, 2011
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Luke 18: 9-12

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

Why don't you pat yourself on the back some more while offering false prayers for those less righteous than you?

It offers all of us the perfect example of a self-righteous hypocrite.

#91 carpro, Jan 23, 2011
  12. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I didn't say any of that. In fact I was talking about my own shortcomings.

#92 jaigner, Jan 23, 2011
  13. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

You really appear to be the archetypal angry white man. In all honesty I pity you. I really pity your wife; it must be tough being married to you. I'm going to pray that God will change your heart and heal your psychological scars so you can bear much fruit for His kingdom.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please. :rolleyes:

Self righteous insincerity bores me.

#94 carpro, Jan 23, 2011
  15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't agree more.

The "you can't legislate morality" excuse is often used by Christians to excuse their support of immoral political agendas and politicians.

16. billwald

billwald New Member

Every law is an attempt to legislate morality except arbitrary administrative decisions like drive on the right, red means stop and green means proceed with caution.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: absoutely

18. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I take your point.

Still, I guess I don't get why so many Christians are trying to legislate their particular moral agenda as if it would make people turn "back" to God or something. You can legislate all you want, but it doesn't cause real heart change.

19. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Pharisees were ultra-conservative legalists of their day. They were judging people like tax collectors according to a completely unbiblical, indefensible set of criteria.

It's safe to say I'm not a legalist.

I'm just saying I'm right there with you. I was torn apart by anger and bitterness and callousness toward others, especially other Christians.

Gracious God, again I pray for carpro. Give him and his family peace. My he truly recognize and know your love. May his mouth sing your praises and may he bear much fruit for the Kingdom.

Take away all of mine, as well. Free me from the tendency to judge and be critical. Let your love show through me.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just like the pharisees Jesus condemned.

#100 carpro, Jan 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.