1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WOW! Southern Baptists and Catholics Agree

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by thessalonian, Aug 14, 2003.

1. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

This has to be a first. Forgive my sensationalist title as it may be a bit exagerated. The head of the Baptist Theological Seminary agrees that the Pope should have spoken against homosexual unions and that Sen. Kerry is out to lunch for telling the Pope to back off for the document that came out a week or so ago. Laments Baptists approval of Kenedy saying he would keep his religion out of politics. See link.

http://www.catholic.org/cathcom/top_headlines.php?ID=1906

2. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Yes, believe it or not, we can agree with you at times. [​IMG] I am glad of the RCC's stand on homosexuality and abortion for starters. So yes it is possible. I just read a book by a guy who was integral in the conservative resurgence in the SBC and he pointed out that the Pope is fairly conservative and he was glad for some of his stances.

In Christ,
    Neal

P.S. I didn't read the link, but was it the president of Southern Baptist Seminary, Albert Mohler?

3. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Neal

Was it Albert Mohler?

Yep.

4. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Cool! He will be our convocation chapel speaker for next week's chapel service on Tuesday.

In Christ,
    Neal