1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wry twist of fate?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Gina B, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Pete

Pete New Member

Reminds me of some "churches" I've seen.... *SHUDDER* ....

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

It boils down to accepting the sov. of God, doesn't it?

Tim

3. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

An old friend of a man who lives now in our home, started out many years ago at TTU. He attended many Baptist churches through the years and ended up at a large one that some of us know about. His wife left him for another woman and he left the large church to go to a demon chasing "Baptist" church in Chicago Heights. He stayed there for about two years until he started his own ministry with a pendulum. He would tell "Christian" fortunes with the pendulum. (this is a true story btw and I can verify it) He ended up in a Dyer Indiana hospital for the unstable of mind and was committed for about one year. He then locked onto TBN and started going to "Binny Hinn" type churches. It was about three and a half years ago he decided to go to the "Nice Church" (actual name) for coffee one Sunday morning before services. They have a coffee house ministry in the lobby of their church. He was sitting there having his coffee and suffered a heart attack and died ten minutes before church started. I could not believe that he could not get a "healing" from the Lord in that church lobby. Imagine that, going to a church that people get healings at every Sunday and a church with a healing team that operates in the hospitals but could not get healed in the lobby. They had to call the Methodist Corp. Ambulance because they could not help him. What a shame---or is it: what a sham?
    Thanks ------Bart