1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye reject salvation by grace !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

It requires to get saved by God and faith shall be given.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gal 3:2 Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Does/Did God shed and or send the Spirit for us to receive within one, because someone has decided to have faith in or has been convinced to have faith in Jesus Christ;

OR

Did/Dose God shed and or send the Spirit to be received within one, because of the faith of Jesus Christ which we heard about from one sent to preach?

What does the word of God teach? Do all the translations teach the same thing concerning this question?

What do the best of the interlinear translations teach concerning this question and just what are the best of the interlinear translations?

I read the Greek interlinear from Scripture4all.org which I believe is taken from the TR and also W&H Original Greek New Testament which I believe is taken from GNT Morph

Because I believe the very root of justification is by the blood (death) of Jesus which comes from Romans 5:9 I do not know how it could be any clearer than that: By his blood one is justified (made righteous)
    Then I believe the correct translation of say Gal 2:16 would be {that we might be justified by the faith of Christ,} That is the faith of Jesus in shedding his blood unto death and God the Father raising him from the dead. Of course to believe this I understand that Jesus the only begotten of the Father actually had to die. I mean be dead. The same understanding of Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: (We are made believers by receiving the Spirit that comes by the faith of Jesus Christ because we are his sheep) Now understand verse 25 of Rom 3 Whom (That is Jesus), God (The Father) hath set forth a propitiation (A mercy seat, Jesus, the Father made a mercy seat. Why?) through the faith in his blood. It was through the faith of Jesus even unto the death of the cross, God made him the mercy seat.

According to mercy he saved us, (Jesus the mercy seat) How? by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit;

Through the faith of Jesus in dying (shed blood) God the Father raised him from the dead (regeneration) and the renewing of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:32,33 This Jesus hath God raised up (resurrection/regeneration) Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit,

Because of the hearing of the above faith; then and only then was the Spirit shed on anyone else.

Show me from scripture why this is not the correct understanding of the quoted scriptures. Please do not make statements such as Jesus didn't need this because he is God or Jesus didn't have to have that to happen because Jesus is God. Just show from these or any other scriptures that the above isn't correct.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What exactly is it that they're teaching that man must do to get saved?

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

"By his blood one is justified (made righteous)" Wrong;

By his blood one is justified (RECKONED righteous) Right.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    made as in: to cause to be or become; render: con·sti·tut·ed

Rom 5:19 YLT for as through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners: so also through the obedience of the one, shall the many be constituted righteous.

KJV For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

BTW is that in bold, obedience of faith according to the rest of the post the "made righteous," came from? Is that not the core meaning of, the faith of Christ, that is, obedience of faith? Is that not the meaning of the beginning of Hebrews 12:2 from Scripture4all.org : looking-off INTO THE OF-THE faith ORIGIN-LEADer AND perfecter JESUS?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

ge

Thats Right ! Rom 5:19

by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The Obedience here is speaking about His Death as Per Phil 2:8

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

And in case you did not know, His Death and His Blood are the same !

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Man does not get saved, he is saved, by Grace ! If you wanna know what I believe, then read my threads, that is what they are for, if you cannot tell what I believe regarding Salvation after that, I have nothing else for you !

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't ask what you believed regarding salvation; I asked what you believed others meant. Your posts are ambiguous when it comes to what you're saying others believe.

Of course we're saved by grace. I haven't seen anyone deny that. So how does that translate into your statement that they're preaching a false gospel of works?

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is very disingenuous of you. Not once, in all the threads here, have you ever posted your testimony. Let's give it a try:
    1. Are you saved?
    2. If so, when did you get saved?
    3. How did you get saved?
    Include some detail, like others that were involved in leading you to Christ.

Any person that is truly saved is always happy to share what God has done in their lives concerning their salvation. I have shared my salvation experience many times on this board. You should be able to do the same thing.

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

My Testimony is the Witness I give of the Gospel.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

don

So you believe one is saved by being of the Election of Grace ? Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by [election of] grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

So I conclude that you believe the U in Tulip is a foundational Gospel Truth ? Since you say, of course we are saved by Grace !

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Shall I conclude that you are a J.W.?
    They do the same thing--go from door to door and give witness of the "gospel," that which they define as the gospel. I don't agree with your definition of the gospel as I don't with theirs. Why don't you convince me by your testimony that you are genuine and not a J.W. or some other cult. You are not bearing witness of the gospel at all.

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I do not care what you conclude, My Testimony is here on this board of what I believe ! If you conclude that is what JW, believe, fine with me !

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You can't say anything false about my testimony for I have many witnesses that will vouch for me.
    But there is no one to vouch for you. You have just posted a bunch of contradictory gobbledy-gook, as Calvinist who has jumped off the deep end and doesn't know what he believes in any more. You are so unsure that you are not sure if you are one of the elect. How can you be sure if you are one of the elect if you have no testimony?

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I read your testimony every day !

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am glad you do, for I do have a testimony that Christ is Lord of my life, and it has been that way for many years now.

But I don't read of your testimony. I never have. You never have given a testimony on this board.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does not scripture say "for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God"?

Does not scripture also say: "if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation....For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

Well, you debate it everyday. My Testimony is that I believe what I witness to. Every thread I have began, is my witness, of what I believe. If you can not tell what I believe by my threads, that is too bad.

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

don

It sure does !

It sure does.

Now are you going to answer my post here ?

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have confessed with my mouth the Lord Jesus, and I have believed in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, and I have called upon His name. Does that not answer your question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.