1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Oct 29, 2008.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Does the following Scripture apply to those who support abortion?

Psalms 106: 37-29

37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
    38 And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
    39 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I think it can be appropriately applied to abortion, and also riots and genocide, and to wars if the reason isn't justified defense.

I do see this scripture as a principal applicable to more than obvious idol worship with human sacrifice

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Theres an OT verse that specifies children being sacrificed to Baal I think it was. So it is talking about false worship, and whatever the false god of choice was. As applied to abortion, it is mothers sacrificing their children to the god of sexual pleasure, the god of convience and money and this is mine mine mine. And there are christians who approve of this child sacrifice to a false god.
    How many people sacrifice their children to the god of riots and war?