1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yeast/Leaven: Ever good?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eric B, Aug 18, 2006.

1. His Blood Spoke My Name

I do know haw to quote the right person. I noticed you said I said something that I did not say earlier.

God's Word has shown over and over that the alcohol is forbidden in the life of His Children.

How in the world do you get grape juice is not the fruit of the vine and all it contains? Grapes on the vine are full of juice.

2. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

No--we used grape juice--actually, it was Welches Sparkling Wine, which is a lightly carbonated grape juice--non-alcoholic

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Let me get this straight...as a stict jew...you followed the invention of a prohibitionist Methodist? You do realize that this was invented for non jews to remember the Lord's Supper don't you? Why would a jewish family go away from thousands of years of drinking alcoholic wine to an invention from the late 1800's by a non jew? Doesn't make any sense to me...

4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

You asked a question--I responded--you didn't receive it--end of discussion.

BTW--I am born again--been saved for over 30 years, so I have more knowledge than you seem to think I do. I was married to a drunk for 20 years--the alcohol killed him. He used the same excuses and reasons for drinking that you folks do here on the BB.

But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. (1 Corinthians 14:38)

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I received your answer just fine and it makes no sense and is not consistant with judaism, since I know first hand with a jewish relative. Either the truth has been stretched, or you practiced a form of judaism my brother in law has never heard of. The wine at seder is alcoholic...and was intended to be that way, with no possibility of it being anything but until the late 1800's.

6. His Blood Spoke My Name

Then you call God's Word a lie. For His Word says that kings and priests are not to drink alcoholic beverages. We, as His Children, are called kings and priests unto Him.

Revelation 1:6 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 2:9 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yet my High Priest and King of king's did drink alcohol (and made it). Hmmm....

I would say that your exegesis to be the "lie".

#107 webdog, Aug 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2006
  8. His Blood Spoke My Name

Then apparently we do not serve the same High Priest. My High Priest, the Spotless, Sinless Son of Almighty God did not drink alcohol in any form.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now you question my salvation? You are like talking to a brick wall. Enjoy your self righteousness :wavey:

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

No, I will continue to enjoy Christ's Righteousness, in which I am clothed.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've been saved for 27...what does that have to do with what I asked?
    What weapon did "it" use...knife or gun? Don't be ridiculous...alcohol didn't kill him, his decisions while using it did.
    Probably not. I don't consider it an "excuse" to drink, but lump the responsible consumption with the Scripture that condones it as a "blessing".

12. His Blood Spoke My Name

All who use that scripture to show God approves of alcohol, 'wine that maketh the heart glad' as being alcoholic, are taking it out of context... as that verse is not speaking of an alcoholic wine.

13. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

His death certificate said the "cause of death" was "ethanol toxicity"--that's alcohol and it killed him.

His BAC was .398--and that was a week after he was found dead. Others die with alot less alcohol in their blood--according to my son who is an attorney

#113 Linda64, Aug 28, 2006
  14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...so the alcohol jumped out of the bottle and forced itself into his mouth? Like I said, his decisions while using it killed him...the alcohol didn't.

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

Again, you call God's Word a lie.

At the last it biteth like a serpent and stingeth like an adder.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

17. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Are you calling the coroner who did the autopsy a liar? He drank 2 fifths of straight Smirnoff Vodka---that's not alcohol? I don't know where you get your information--but Vodka is ALCOHOL-- my late husband bought those bottles of Smirnoff Vodka at the LIQUOR store--isn't that where you purchase alcohol? Get real, webdog, alcohol doesn't jump out of bottles.

His only decision was to drink the alcohol---and it was the ALCOHOL which deceived him--thus, he is dead now--and the alcohol was the weapon. It is a known fact that alcohol is a DRUG. In other words, he overdosed on the DRUG called alcohol.

Oh yes, I almost forgot--I do take medications which are prescribed by my doctor. Alcohol is not a prescription drug--though some would like it to be.

#117 Linda64, Aug 28, 2006
  18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know the game you are playing, Linda, I have seen it. Did I call the coroner anything? Notice the big words. The alcohol didn't kill him...HE KILLED HIMSELF by his poor judgement while drinking! I can't believe you put the blame of his death on the liquor...and not the person holding the bottle! Amazing!

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

I can see why you would laugh at the Word of God.

The natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God, neither can he know them; for they are foolishness unto him and they are Spiritually discerned.

Those who truly are in Christ would not laugh at God's Word as you do.

20. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

I'm not into games here, webdog--until you see someone slowly kill themselves with alcohol, kindly stop making judgment calls. The alcohol deceived him (Proverbs 20:1) for 20 years or more (he started drinking when he was 8 years old--he died at the age of 57). When I see Christians using scripture to justify their use of alcohol (in the way I see here on the BB), it makes me sick.