1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your ideal worship service—message, communion, and invitation

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Alcott, Feb 9, 2006.

?
  1. Only a pastor or other ministerial staff member should deliver the message

59.5%
  2. A pastor or ministerial staff member should normally, though not always, deliver the message

2.7%
  3. A credentialed speaker may deliver the message, subject to the church’s and pastor’s approval

5.4%
  4. A church member (non-staff) may deliver the message if he has been questioned by the pastor(s), deac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. A youth (under 18) may be given the opportunity to deliver the message if he is believed to have the

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Only in an urgent <i>fill-in</i> situation should a non-minister be asked to deliver the message

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. A lengthy “testimony” from a missionary or a witness to an inspiring story may be considered the <i>

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. On rare occasions, an <i>all-music</i> service may be acceptable and presumed to contain the <i>mess

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. There should be no “time frame” for the message to be concluded

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The only reason there should be a “time frame” for the message to be concluded is because another se

13.5%
  11. A speaker who continues to speak and makes the service 2 hours long is being <i>abusive</i> of the p

18.9%
  12. The service just needs to stay within a <i>reasonable</i> time frame—people get ‘uncomfortable’ in a

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Other opinion/no answer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully no one leaves a church just because the phases or the order
    of a worship service there are not that person’s idea of perfection, but we do tend to have an ideal in mind, nonetheless. These questions sort out these different parts of the service to different’ ideal’ options. This poll is now divided into 2 separate polls, with this one concerns the sermon/message, communion, and the ‘invitation.’ If there seems to be any conflict as to early service, late service, evening service,… assume these questions apply the largest, or principal, service of the week.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note: The next-to-last option on the last question should read: "There should be no "invitation" or "time of response"-- that's just to put people on the spot"

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

interesting...i look forward to seeing how this one turns out.