1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your pet peeve?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 3, 2001.

1. jimgosciniak

jimgosciniak New Member

Our church gets together to pray every Sunday night for one hour. We all sit in a circle with heads bowed, and eyes closed taking turns praying aloud. Our pastor's pet pet peeve is when one of us will use our prayer to preach at someone, or to make announcements. He says that we should be talking to God as if we were alone with Him. My pet peeve is when the pastor will (clearly, and delibrately so that we can all hear him) pray "Lord, let this not be a time for preaching, or addressing the rest of the group. Let this be a time when we are communing with you, and only you" :mad:

2. Ryan DeBarr

Ryan DeBarr New Member

No, if people have pet peeves it doesn't bother me. I just try not to have them myself. :cool:

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

When Music directors say, "turn over in your hymnal". Like we are laying down in it to begin with.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Turn over in your hymnal." Shucks, Ms. Saggy, next time, just plop that thing down in the middle of the aisle, lay down on it, and turn over...see what happens....

[​IMG]

Pet peeves? Liars and those that break promises.

5. Grace

Grace New Member

People looking at little children and seeing only a problem child, not a seriosly angry, hurting little boy who really needs prayer and lots of love.

People who look like they drank a whole bunch of pickle juice. God gave us so much to laugh at...why not enjoy what He gave us instead of going around looking like Eyore?

Smelly feet ;)

Certain people, who, after I have worked and slaved over a hot stove, say "This is nasty" and then proceed to feed the food to the dog! (OH NO! I sound like my mom! :eek: :eek: [​IMG] )