1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your View On The Roman Catholics

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Baptist4life, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, several people called Lori out for her behavior and she did admit that she was offensive in some of her comments.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

And she should be commended for acknowleging that. Who among the rest of us has not made inappropriate comments from time to time, which we had to go back and repentantly acknowlege? It's something that we've all done, myself included.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acknowledging something doesn't excuse it.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you mean those who did not sign up under deliberate deceit, I would agree.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Never said it did.
    I do so mean.

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I agree. Much of what the RCC teaches is heresy and not found in God's word.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then if you guys have made up your mind beforehand, it stands to reason you guys aren't interested in discussion on the matter. That's fine and dandy. What I take issue with is when such persons (not you guys, necessarily) make disparaging comments about the Christianity of others here who are intereted in carrying on civil dialogue and discussion on the topic.

8. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

No, you're definitely not alone. I have met only one Catholic who assured me that he was saved the Biblical way when someone came to his home and led him to Christ. However, he liked the ritualism of the Catholic church and didn't want to leave it. As someone stated, if he is truly born again, then the Holy Spirit will have convicted him of going to a heretical religion long before now since that was over 30 years ago.

I've known ex-Catholics who left that false religion upon learning of the truth of God's word and the heresies being taught in the Catholic religion. How can Catholics be born again when they never hear the gospel in the Catholic church? They believe that all they have to do is confess their sins to the priest, and he will forgive them--when God's word says that NO one but God can forgive sins.

9. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot carry on a discussion about Biblical Christianity with people who claim to be Christians but are not. The RCC teaches a FALSE Gospel, and anyone following it is not a Christian.You want to continue to believe they are? That's up to you, but as I said if you knew what the RCC teaches, and think people who believe and follow that teaching are Christians, then you have a serious Biblical ignorance.

#209 Baptist4life, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
  10. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

If you are not a Catholic but are a Baptist, then why are you so offended at us telling you how wrong the Catholic religion is in their false, heretical teachings? Baptist is not the only denomination that teaches and preaches salvation "by grace through faith" in Jesus the Christ, but the Catholic religion does not teach that. They do, however, teach things that are not found in God's word--like purgatory, baptising innocent babies, and asking dead saints or Mary to intercede for them when we are told in God's word that the ONLY Intercessor we have is Christ.

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The name "Baptist Board" didn't give her a hint that we are not Catholic? I agree that she came here with an agenda--to push the false teachings of the RCC religion on us and to trash the truth of God's word.

The Catholic religion teaches that they are the only true religion and the rest of us are heretics, when it's the Catholic religion that teaches heresy--along with several other false religions.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The problem is that you have categorically decided that a Catholic is by definition not saved. Your only interest is in fostering that position. You have no interest in carrying on civil dialogue with Christians who don't hold to your position.

13. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stated this:

Do you disagree?

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I know many Christians who are practicing Catholics. Several others here know similar people. Therefore, your statement "...anyone following it is not a Christian...". I'm sure you'll just dismiss that with some silly comment like "well, then they're not following it", but that's just a cheap way to dismiss the fact that there are many Christians who are Catholics.

15. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize that's an oxymoron.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Like I said, you're not here to have civil dialogue. All you're doing is engaging in circlular reasoning: A Catholic cannot be a Christian, therefore, if anyone shows me a Christian who is also Catholic, that person cannot be a Christian, because a Catholic cannot be a Christian.

17. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm here to uphold the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Why are you here? To defend the RCC? How can you seriously believe that a practicing (that means believing and following) member of the RCC is a Christian? God help you.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I wasn't aware that this board needed it defended, but okay. Good for you.
    There's that unrighteous behavior I was talking about. If you don't agree with one of these yahoos, you must therefore be a "RCC defender" :rolleyes:

19. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you answer this please?:

I need to go now, but I'll follow up later.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I can attest to the fact that not every Catholic church hides the Gospel or whatever. My father was attending his local Catholic church because he came to Christ late in life and, being older and set in his ways, wasn't comfortable in other churches and he continued to attend the Catholic church despite his disbelief in many of the teachings. He finally left his local church and went to the one in the next town. I went with him once and if that priest was in a Baptist church, we would have told him "awesome sermon". It was a sermon worthy of any Christian church. In this particular church, while they are Catholic, they are more Bible focused and the Gospel is preached. Yes, there are some other issues of course since it's a Catholic church but my own father does not believe them. He continues to go to this church because of custom, and he's hearing some pretty good preaching too. So there is one Christian who attends the Catholic church. I know he is saved from his fruit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.