1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

«this do in remembrance of me»

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Konstantin, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All Christian denominations unanimously claim that the Lord’s Supper, (breaking of bread, Communion, Eucharist, Mass) is remembrance of Christ’s sufferings, considering Calvary as apogee of His ministry. But, in this case, it turns out that the whole Christian world makes memories of what has not happened yet, proving that they do not understand this commandment. And how can they understand it if it is not for them?

It turns out that the suffering of Christ and His Church of the firstborn is yet to come! They did not start! And this means that the commandment “this doe in remembrance of me” refers to the future Millennium. It will be established by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself at the moment of the conclusion of the New Testament with Israel, when His ministry in the tabernacle of heaven will be in the past.

Not surprisingly, disputes and discussions around the Lord’s Supper have been going on for centuries.

""This do in remember of me"

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They were only started after the radicals came up with a different idea about the Lord's Supper in the 16th century, first by Huldrych Zwingli and then others took up his mantle. Until then, all of Christendom was of one belief on the matter.

• Like Like x 1