1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“LITHIUM LOVE”: WAS OREGON GUNMAN ON PSYCHIATRIC MEDS LINKED TO VIOLENCE?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Oct 9, 2015.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Anti-depression drugs connected with innumerable other mass shootings

The revelation that Umpqua Community College shooter Chris Mercer used the screen name “lithium love,” along with other references to prescription medication, strongly suggests that the gunman was taking psychiatric drugs that have been linked to violent outbursts.

As theOregonian reports, “There are a number of indications that Harper-Mercer had mental health or behavioral issues. His screen name on some social media sites was “lithium love.” Lithium is used as a psychiatric medication.”

Lithium is used to enhance the effect of SSRI drugs, a number of which, “have also been linked to increase risk for violent, even homicidal behavior,”reports Time.

On one of his Facebook posts, Mercer also made reference to a number of different prescription drugs he was taking.

“I have a pill bottle with like five types of pills mixed in. I don’t know which ones are the sleep aids, so I just took four of each,” wrote Mercer.

Continue . . . http://www.infowars.com/lithium-love-was-oregon-gunman-on-psychiatric-meds-linked-to-violence/

2. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

There are so many people out there abusing prescription meds and taking mood altering drugs. They are over prescribed by doctors and widely available on the streets. It is a scary world that we live in today. There are people who need these meds and they help when taken correctly but when abused they literally make people go insane. I don't know how they will ever get control of this situation. Guns may be a problem but guns don't kill, it is the people who use them and as this article states the people if most of these cases were on some type of psychiatric drugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

There needs to be a national debate about this but as long as big media depends on big pharma's advertising dollars I don't see it happening.