1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Real” Ability of all God’s Creatures to Respond to the Influence of Him/Seek Truth

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be but I'm not either Cal or Arminian. Being elected has a different meaning in scripture than chosen. No where do we see men being elect to Salvation nor chosen. Only chosen for, not to.

I do not claim the teaching of men. Only the teaching of God. The Holy Spirit teaches me and I consult Him regularly. How can you call someone by the name of a man they do not follow. I follow Christ no one else. I don't know of even one Arminian here at Baptist board.
    Yet scripture never confirms any Gentile to be elect.
    Yet I believe choice is made by the one doing the choosing. God chose me I did not choose Him. I surrendered to Him out of desparation. His convicting me, was way more than I could bear. This was not an election the choosing of one over another. All men have this same choosing because Christ died for all men. He is not willing that any perrish. Scripture clearly states "who so ever" how can you make that to mean only a few who are preferred over others. Oh I've seen many try but they aren't at all convincing.
    No offense but I would think that Calvinist would have a better plan to convince others of there view. If I were Calvinist and I couldn't find positive scriptural evidence for my faith I would seek another faith because it doesn't line up with scripture. God's word is the how to book, not some man with a particular idea of it. Augustine had his own priviate interpretation. That's why they called it Augustinianism. Calvin just assumed the same roll and then it was called Calvinism.
    MB

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

6. JesusFan

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

8. JesusFan

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What verse calls Lot backslidden? It uses this exact term for Lot?

It was not this one..was it DHK?

Did God have Peter write this about Lot?? or do you have to also decide to go with Peter or God?

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That was all part of God's plan...there is one new man in Christ now!

11. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast...

Since you chose, for some reason, to name me in you post..(I'm flattered!)..I might as well respond.

We actually dont even think in terms of being "elected" or "non elected" simply because nobody is *preordained* to be *elected* for salvation, and nobody is *preordained* to not be *elected*

That is the stuff of fairy tales. Every person who comes into the world has the oportunity to respond to the "Light" they are given...either acceptably, resulting in the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ, or choosing to reject it.

Thats just the way it is, according to the scriptures of course.

#171 Alive in Christ, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
  12. Winman

Winman Active Member

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

AIC....
    :eek::confused::eek: Very sad to see this post AIC. This suggests to me that you have another gospel of another kind.
    To refer to the truth of God as fairy tales when election is part of bible 101...is unthinkable to me. I do not think anyone will go with you on this.....
    perhaps you need to re-examine your view of scripture.....you are departing more and more from the narrow way.....sorry to see it.

AIC.....just about every non cal believes in God's elective purpose.....you should delete your last post before anyone sees it.

#173 Iconoclast, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
  14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Was he backslidden? Does God have to use the exact word to spell it out for you?

Was he backslidden when he offered his two virgin daughters to be raped all night by a mob of homosexuals? Or was he walking with the Lord?

Was he backslidden when he still wanted to stay in Sodom, and the angels had to forcibly drag him out of the city, or was he walking with the Lord?

Was he backslidden when he got drunk, and then committed incest with his two daughters and got them pregnant, or was he walking with the Lord?

Was he backslidden or not?
    You don't believe in the concept of backsliding do you?

The Bible mentions it a number of times, specifically:

11 And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.
    12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever. (Jeremiah 3:11-12)

15. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast...

Nonsense. I hold to the authentic gosple of Jesus Christ, and you know full well that I do. C'mon Iconoclast, you can do better than that.

I am not refering to the truth of God. I am referring to the errors that I believe you are propogating. I am convinced that the doctrine of "election", as you and many other like minded calvinists articulate it, is very very flawed.

The path that I am taking suits me just fine, brother. I am not "departing" from the "narrow way" in any sense.

I'm not in the least bit wooried about people seeing my post. There are degrees of belief regarding "election". Many hold to a much more moderate view than you do. I have no qualms with them.

It is only YOUR extreme view of election that I, and so many others, have problems with.

AiC

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK,

You have guessed correctly DHK.
    I do believe in the biblical term of backsliding....but it is always used of apostates. This as I have posted weeks ago is where we would differ,because you believe in the carnal christian heresy, so naturally you think "backsliding" is a nornal thing for a "carnal"christian. I do not.
    By way of application....a believer....can have sinful failings, areas of carnality that pop up and must be mortified.....all sin in this sense preachers would refer to loosely as backslidings....yes

But their are no Backslidden Christians....or carnal christians...who remain like this year upon year, then lose a few rewards.

The idea of a person saying.....I accepted Jesus when I was 6yrs old....
    then I backslid for 37 years, fornicated, shot heroin, stabbed a few people,

Then i re-dedicated myself, by raising my hand...and I am thinking about actually going to church once in awhile......is a farce.

We will not come to agreement on this one DHK.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Another day, another iconoclast attack on a BB member's salvation.

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Webdog,
    When anyone calls election a fairy tale.....it is not the gospel I know.
    Open rebuke is better than secret love. AIC has answered and says we believe the same gospel. I still cannot get my mind around his post.
    It is troubling to me.
    Webdog.....do you think what he posted was Okay???
    Or do you think in trying to resist what he believes is the calvinist teaching he has maybe missed the mark to a large extent?
    Webdog.....do you and I believe the same gospel? When I post on a topic,do you resist the content violently? or do you sometimes agree , but do not want to say so? Sometimes I find some of your posts thought provoking...sometimes I think you are out to lunch.
    You can saying anything to me webdog..I am okay with it.Be honest.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AIC,

AIC.....I still cannot fully process this.....I will try and do better, but this is hard for me to grasp.....I will have to think this over.....alot.

You think I am promoting error in my view of election...not the bible teaching of it?
    What do you do with all the teaching on election AIC? What or how can you explain it that matches any verse on election??

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And Lot???
    You never answered my questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.