1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“Show me a person who believes in Noah’s ark and I will show you a Trump voter,”

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Jan 1, 2020.

1. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Except you have a major problem.. The geological evidence is clear that there never was a global flood..
    Global Floods would be very easy to spot in geologic history..
    And all of geology is quite clear.. Not to mention all the problems that arise regarding biogeography that make a global flood impossible.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So now you want to switch to science. History not working out for you?

For some, yes. Others are blind to anything biblical.

Says you. God says you're wrong. He wants you to believe the history book he preserved for you. As Christ said, if you're not willing to believe Moses, you won't even believe someone raised from the dead.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    History is working out just fine for me since we know where the original Noah tale came from, and we know it was never a global event.
    As for "God" saying i'm wrong..? No, God hasn't said anything here.. YOU are simply trying to speak for him.. Which is pretty arrogant.. lol

4. Calminian

Site Supporter

Here's some stats on flood legends put together by John Morris. Amazing!
    • Is there a favored family? 88%
    • Were they forewarned? 66%
    • Is flood due to wickedness of man? 66%
    • Is catastrophe only a flood? 95%
    • Was flood global? 95%
    • Is survival due to a boat? 70%
    • Were animals also saved? 67%
    • Did animals play any part? 73%
    • Did survivors land on a mountain? 57%
    • Was the geography local? 82%
    • Were birds sent out? 35%
    • Was the rainbow mentioned? 7%
    • Did survivors offer a sacrifice? 13%
    • Were specifically eight persons saved? 9%
    Yeah, this is just a coincidence. Just a bunch of ancient people doodling because they need water to survive. :Rolleyes

• Like Like x 1
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

No, I'm quoting Him.

Luke 16:31 But he said to him, “If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’ ”​

This is from Jesus himself.

6. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ

No, thats NOT from Jesus himself. Thats from an anonymous author who the Church latter named "Luke" for reference purposes who claims that Jesus said that.
    You actually hear Jesus say that with his own mouth..?

7. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, that was a quote from Jesus, documented by Luke. This is a quote with thousands of manuscripts testifying to it. We also find this quoted by the early church fathers in their writing quoting biblical manuscripts. You'd really have to be extraordinarily biased to deny this.

It's amazing you say you look to history, yet you deny the historicity of the most authenticated ancient document in existence. Have you looked into the manuscripts evidence for the New Testament?

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry but while you skipped school on Friday over climate change, geology proved that there was a catastrophic global flood. The water is still here--now called the oceans. See John Baumgardner on YouTube and elsewhere. The fossils are the critters drowned in the flood and the Ice Age aftermath. Forget Darwin--he got laughed out of the science department as mathematically impossible by the complexity of deoxyribonucleic acid.

9. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Lets be clear. Jesus would have died around 30 AD.
    Luke wasn't written until approx 63 to 68 AD some 35 years or so AFTER the alleged events.
    So its highly unlikely that the author of Luke was an "eyewitness" . Especially since he waited 35 years before bothering to write about such an important event in his life.
    Secondly, no one knows who wrote the Gospels. They are of course anonymous. So if you don't know who wrote them, then you have no ability to check them for accuracy..
    In court , they'd be considered inadmissible hearsay.

10. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Sorry there Mouse, but no geology organization, journal or PhD geology Dpt we have accepts a Global Flood.. they ALL say.. "it never happened"

11. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Oh, and this nonsense was debunked way back in the 1980s by Paleontologist Steven J Gould. He debunked it ironically enough in court of all places at trial (where creationism ultimately got destroyed)

There is no way the observed fossil record could be caused by a global flood.
    Global floods have no ability to layer the fossils we have around the globe in the specific order that they are in.. ONLY evolution explains the fossil sequences we observe in nature.

NO Paleontology Journal, Organization or PhD University accepts the idea that the earths fossils are the result of Noahs Flood.
    Its dismissed as foolishness.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gould of course is dead but he himself once admitted that there are no records of a transitional form.

If you believe in evolution, you probably believe in alchemy, too, so you are beyond the pale.

If the average strand of deoxyribonucleic acid is 250 molecules made up of 20 different amino acids, then the schoolboy math is 20 to the 250th power. Do the math. Darwin was wrong about everything.

#52 church mouse guy, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Call me cmg. All you are saying is that our universities are second-class and tied up in politics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you an attorney? Look at Simon Greenleaf, leading US expert on the laws of evidence. He concluded that Scripture would stand up on a court of law as bona fide evidence. I saw Harry Truman once and that was over 70 years ago.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously since before you joined, LOL. I don't know. I've been using the revised hosts file for over ten years. At least that long ago.

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    trolls.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been to the Ark Encounter. It's an impressive structure and an informative tour. I liked their scientific displays, and would have liked to have seen more of them and less evangelistic ones. But, it's not my boat. :) I'm attaching a pic from my trip. That's my daughter at the base of the support. 009.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Behold it is I, an independent who did not and will not vote for Trump, and I believe in the ark.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

19. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is that he stepped way over the line with his religious attack and should be canned. Do you consider the comment to be offensive or insulting, or do you approve of such tactics?

20. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ