1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“The doctrine by which the church stands or falls.”

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 24, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

My point was that you MUST cooperate with God in your sanctification. Do you realize that? It is Christ's Spirit but YOUR body "in play."

Building upon that then, did you not "volunteer" to "host" the Spirit? to see and enter the kingdom? to be eternally saved? "Vol" speaks of YOUR volition, RB. Do you ever have one of your own?

Or is God "dragging" you kicking and screaming through this whole "abundant life" beause you really would rather be stay "totally depraved?"

skypair

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I can see now how others see that you confuse the issues as they get discussed. Here you speak of our response to work of God, which is not forced. I am speaking the process by which one is transferred out of darkness into light. I do not procur this for myself. It is procured for me by Christ. I am not born of God by the will of the flesh or the will of man, but of God.

BECAUSE I have been born again, I have new desires and new affections, notwithstanding the old is still present with me, that is, sin. There is new life in me, a new man, created by Christ in holiness. And, He created me for good works. Wasn't that the case for you? Before you were in Christ you loved sin but after being born again you were ashamed and despised it?

Formerly I was a slave to sin. Now I am a slave to Christ. Before the trade-skill of my life was sin, now it is righteousness. These things are the result of what GOd did....not what God and RB did.

Soli Deo Gloria

RB

#42 ReformedBaptist, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2007
  3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Then you have done a better job explaining it that me. We are in agreement. Either men are making faith into a work, which is heresy, or that faith is the object of justification instead of Christ, heresy, or faith of itself procurs salvation, heresy, we are indeed agreed. And I thought we were.

Salvation (in total) is the gift of God.

4. Allan

Allan Active Member

Forgive me brother for being so inquisitive. I merely desired clarification and I appreciate your sharing it with me.