1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

“We Set The Economy On Fire. Now What?0

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, May 14, 2020.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "----given us a leader that is giving Christians a wake-up call & a chance to repent & regain the Christian heritage of the US of A."

Amazing the dis-function that come with EXTREME TDS! Kinda hard for me to determine if this was a simple mis-read or an intentional misrepresentation due to TDS!?!?

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, a wake up call... right a cheat ... a whore monger. And who is his spiritual leader... Paula White!? :Laugh

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK!!

4. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In response to where this thread went. It is a sign of how terrible our leaders at the federal level are that we have Joe Biden vs Donald Trump.

I support President Trump only for his stance on abortion and the utter immorality of the Democrats in their contemporary form. It turns out abortion is that important to me.

President Trump and many Republicans at federal level just seem like typical politicians and not people who really care about us or strive with every effort to be like Jesus Christ. They're a foil against the Dems agenda more than anything else.

Now I do support Reps at local and State here in Florida, because they seem over things like Fire, Medical, public schools, and Law Enforcement. All doing well.

I will say though that my big beef with Florida's leaders are that they need to do more for the disabled and the mentally ill. All too often they fall through the safety net's cracks.

I do believe public schools are a depraved nightmare. I would never send my children to them. I cannot understand why they are this way in Rep states, but when you bar Christ from schools at federal level, the leaders may have little they can do is my estimate.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are the schools that bad in Florida? Then what are the alternatives? I ask cause my son now lives outside of Orlando. Thanks

6. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sex ed in Florida is gratuitous, do not put your high schoolers through it. I'll stop there due to forum rules.

When I was a student circa 20 years ago, there was no point to school if not in honors courses or gifted classes or magnet school electives. The problem was the students.

Middle school and high school were filled with kids doing illegal or very immoral things. The ring leaders were always recruiting kids to do bad things and peer pressure was crazy. The culture among the kids is worse than a fraternity movie. It was a sleezy high school comedy among the students in honors classes. I didn't hang out with Christian kids though, as I was a deist in high school.

Then again, I hear it is less crazy at higher income schools. I tended to attend lower income schools before the grading scale in Florida got mandated.

7. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alternatives are expensive Christian prep schools or home schooling, but there seem to be plentiful coops.

8. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If WW3 starts, elections will be put on hold. We cannot leave our houses for a virus. You think we will leave them watching tanks, and bombs in the streets?

All governments will proclaim a false Christ as their current pres, and demand all other nations to bow down. 2 billion+ people, one quarter of the world, dead in a matter of days. Will there be time for petty squabbling? Probably who can assassinate best, rebel uprisings, instead of elections.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is DeSantis and company doing anything to improve them? Up here in NJ most are opting for charter schools.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bend to the will of God who is sovereign, not some sleazy politician who you have to pledge your total loyalty to. My loyalty and love is strictly to my God through Jesus Christ.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we will have to look deep into this. Here is a ranking by state from US News and world Report.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God cannot be barred from anywhere.

“all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”” - Daniel‬ ‭4:35‬ ‭ESV‬‬

13. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The current situation sounds about the same in terms of the students. I know a teacher in Florida, and she notes how misbehaved the students are. That said, it seems Florida has a lot of school choice with online, charter, or private school voucher options. I'd definitely look into those options.