1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1,500 acid attacks recorded in London since 2011 Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2017/03/1500-acid-

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acid attacks in Britain’s capital are soaring to new heights, new data reveals.

A Freedom of Information request submitted by the Mirror shows that between 2011 and 2016, London had nearly 1,500 cases of the devastating crime, which burns the skin and leaves victims cowering from their injuries.
    In the long term, the scale of the injuries are so scarring that victims can often suffer serious psychological damage as a result of the attacks.

Last year alone, there were 431 such acid attacks – a rise of 170 cases from the year prior.

Read more at 1,500 acid attacks recorded in London since 2011 - WND - WND

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imagine if they had guns. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would rather be shot than have acid thrown in my face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on where y'all want to shoot me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you would rather have a face full of acid? No thanks, I'll take a bullet anywhere. The surgeons are pretty good these days at dealing with bullet wounds, but a face destroyed by acid is one of the toughest injuries to repair.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think that it is so dangerous now that it can be called Chicago-upon-Thames? I read that Prince Charles is going to get away from London next week for a vacation in Havana, where the police have total control.

7. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a particularly evil form of assualt. :(
    However, the article was written in early 2017 and deals with events up to 2016. My understanding is that restrictions on the sale of acids, and a number of successful prosecutions with increased punishments, have sharply reduced the number of attacks over the past two or three years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We see a lot of hatred for Americans expressed by the English so I am wondering considering the high crime rate in London if you think that the UK should advise the American State Department to issue a traveler's warning to the American people to stay out of the UK?

9. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not aware of any hatred towards Americans in Britain. There are many, including me, who have issues with your gun control laws (or lack of them) and your choice of President, but it's your country and we have enough problems of our own over here with homicide and with our leaders. Come on over! With all its problems it's a great country and you will be made very welcome. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure that white conservatives would be welcome in London. At any rate, we want out of the war in Afghanistan and I think that the English want to stay there forever. I say let Pakistan have Afghanistan and let India have Kashmir. As for the Afghanistan people in Kabul who sided with the west, I think that they will be executed by the Taliban.

11. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You're welcome here at any time and, unless you're in a drugs gang, it's safer than your side of the Pond. Most Brits don't want us to stay in Afghanistan. I'm not sure what you are treating as 'white conservative' but there are plenty of those (by our standards) in the Tory Party and UKIP so white conservatives are not exactly an endangered species here

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, there is no freedom of speech in the UK and there is no freedom to bear arms and with the high crime rate maybe Chicago would be safer. If you would trim your welfare state and stop accepting immigrants, maybe you could revive your economy. I never get out of Indianapolis, which has a crime rate like Chicago, and as for religious apostasy all I have to do is listen to Southern Baptist such as J.D. Greear, Albert Mohler, and Russell Moore and I would think that I was listening to the Pope Francis talk about homosexuality is normal and Muhammad is the same as Jesus, which is about what Greear, Mohler, and Moore believe.

13. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Don't believe everything you see on Murdoch's Faux News; plenty of freedom of speech here and we don't have the gun fixation and hence mass shootings that you call 'freedom to bear arms' that you have, so considerably safer!

14. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's disturbing is that the liberal media doesn't report on these things. The persecution of Christians in Muslim dominated countries like Egypt, Pakistan, and all over Northern Africa is also hushed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms" to be specific, and not just a guarantee by the Federal Constitution but by many of the 50 sovereign states' constitutions as well. So actually, the 2nd Amendment could be repealed but if I lived in let's say Pennsylvania or Vermont, my right to bear arms still remains.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    London has more murder than New York, which is larger. You are talking trash. You tried to take away our guns and leave us at the mercy of savages. Islam will wake you up someday, sorry to say. You want Europe to remain a museum, don't you?

17. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Will the Queen put me and the wife up if we come? (I am she has an extra bedroom or two). Man that would be nice, Buckingham Palace while we visit London and then Balmoral in the countryside while we rest on the weekend.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are elderly, don't go out after dark in London.

19. Matt Black

Site Supporter

What on earth are you on about? I haven't tried to take away your precious guns. Europe isn't a 'museum'. You're making no sense. And you say I'm talking trash, LOL!!