1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Brother, I see that many on here have handled your teachings appropriately, addressing your error. I cannot say much more to you than what they have stated.

As much as you want to believe that I, in an imbecilic state cannot perceive a book I've read, saying it at least twice now, perhaps for effect, doesn't make it true. :)

I appreciate you, and your zeal, but you're amiss in several areas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I am seeing is fluff, IT.

If you are going to insult someone, at least back it up.

As far as others, I have no comment. I can only speak of the interaction I have had with you.

I already know you either didn't read it or didn't understand it, because what you are saying is absurd.

I can tell you what I disagree with John MacArthur on, and those are not a lot of issues, those some are important, in my view. But I am not aware of those issues having a general relevance to the book.

Now, are you going to back up your charge, or are you going to think that you have liberty to say what you feel without having to back it up?

Again, I welcome you to show me where.

Step up IT, it is unbecoming to slander.

God bless.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you can’t really say that. Rev may know what Washer may teach in that book (Washer may have much to teach....but not necessarily much to teach Revmitchell) :).

I do like Washer (although not so much when it comes to explaining theology). I like what he brings out, his convictions, and his evangelism. I like his sermons more than his books....although he always looks sad. Anyway, since you’re reading 1 John…..have you read Leon Morris?

Years ago I read “Jesus is the Christ: Studies in the theology of John”. You might find it interesting if you plan on continuing reading in that subject.

4. Internet Theologian

So, let me get this straight; saying you hold to some error is slander? But, when you tell me I can't understand a book (which is derogatory toward my intellectual capability) it's not slanderous of you? Or is it?

For the record I've not slandered you. But I get this feeling that you're wanting me to do that, sort of like your on an endeavor to accomplish this for another persons sake. O O

It won't work my friend. The only thing I will go at you for, or anyone else is for lying, name calling, questioning salvation, if you attempt it, things of that nature. I don't play that game. Nor should others. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Internet Theologian

Exactly! We can learn from many persons. To say we cannot or to dismiss this is the epitome of arrogance and pride. :)

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not slander if it's true, and so far you have done nothing but continue to slander. And it will remainslander until you verify it with a factual statement supporting that which you say:

Well, you might be partly right, because if you haven't yet noticed...

...I live for Doctrinal Discussion. lol

And one thing that is certain to get my attention is when someone feels they have liberty to simply spout off about whatever they feel and think they will not be held liable for what they say.

So if you want to play the "guilty until proven innocent" game, I'm all for it.

And the "other person," for whose sake it is for...is you. You might not realize it, but that is what it is.

And feel free to slander my motive as well as my doctrine, really, it's okay. lol

I have already identified your game, guess you are a little slow at catching on.

If you want to back up and review...you invited me to this game.

And call it arrogance, but I'm pretty sure I am better at it than you.

;)

God bless.

7. Internet Theologian

Oh, I see, you have your own rules and definition on what slander is. By your own definition then I have not slandered you. If you think I have slandered, report the posts. As far as I can see, saying your teachings are in error is not slanderous. But you can always report me. I'm a Calvinist after all, it may just stick! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, time to deal with the issue not the people. Dial it back.

The Great And Powerful Wizard Of The Baptist Board Has Spoken! (Meant in jest. Not to be taken as a claim of wizzardly power or participation in occult practices.) ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Internet Theologian

I don't know. You may be with the Illuminati! :p

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You spelled that wrong. It's "Illuminated!" "Illuminated!" :D

11. Internet Theologian

Witty, I say!

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are you callin' "Whitey?" Sure, my hair is grey but it will happen to you too if you manage to live as long as I have! :D :D ;)

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Here's a simple definition:

Slander

noun

defamation; calumny:
    rumors full of slander.

a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report:
    a slander against his good name.

Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

As I said, your statements remain slander until you actually verify that it is true.

And don't think self deprecation is going to help your case (calling yourself a Calvinist).

;)

And report you? lol

Not going to happen. Have done that a couple times with a few who were trigger happy, but, we're adults, right? Okay, maybe you are, but that doesn't mean that I am not interested in having someone prove my doctrine is in error, and if we can discuss your misunderstanding of the Gospel According to Jesus...bonus.

But I just had an idea, perhaps I will start a thread and you can feel free to join in.

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's okay, most of us have already looked behind the curtain, lol.

But, this is an issue that has arisen before, where statements are made without the stater ever even considering to back up that which they say. Just my opinion, but, I don't see that as representative of a good Christian testimony nor see it as something that correlates to the conveyance of the Gospel and Biblical Doctrine in general.

And I'm not trying to whine, lol, and doubt it will help to goad someone on the issue, but hey...

...no harm trying, is there?

So I'll bow out unless my friend would like to actually support the statements made. Which would be off-topic anyway, so...

...see ya.

God bless.

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes well just know that that thought means so much coming from you. O O

16. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's too bad as Washer can teach anyone with a willing heart to learn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For when one says, “I follow Paul Washer,” and another, “I follow Way of the Master,” are you not being merely human? What then is Kirk Cameron? What is Paul Washer? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 1:12 Now this I mean, that each one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
    13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized into the name of Paul?

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 1:12 Now this I mean, that each one of you saith, I am of Calvin; and I of Arminius: and I of Pelagius; and I of Christ.
    13 Is Christ divided? was Calvin crucified for you? or were ye baptized into the name of Calvin?

20. Internet Theologian

Are you telling others that you are a follower of Washer, Comfort, another? I see several are saying or implying you have or that you are. Is this true? I just want to hear you respond to it, and with respect of course I will gladly accept your word for it.

#40 Internet Theologian, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016