1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 12-Year-Old Boy: I'm 'Sick & Tired' of Sharpton Being the Voice of My Race

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'd say the same thing to their parents. Dumb , stupid idea to allow a child to be used in this fashion.

Take them with you, let them listen to the goings on. But placing or allowing a child to place himself in the line of fire like this will ALWAYS be a bad idea.

This kid is being used so that the right can express its indignity at any adult excoriating his lil behind for making such a "childish, ain't experienced the world that your skin makes you a party to" foolish video.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do news networks give these 12 year olds 2 minutes of air time? No.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe, maybe not!

But the statement, "--he has displayed more principle and common sense in this one video, than the bulk of liberals here have shown in the last six months." still applies! :thumbs:

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this count

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's the type of foolishness networks do. I have sat and watched network reporters ask grown folks the same stupid question after a tragedy. "Can you describe for us what you're feeling right now?"

"Oh. Mrs.Smith, we understand that you walked in and found the perp raping your 10 year old daughter. What's going through your mind right now?"

[​IMG]

As the story intimated, it serves no good purpose to interview kids or to use them in news stories like this or in the case of the 12 year old.

It's bad judgment.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stick to the subject matter. Your link is about interviewing children that were at the Sandy Hook school shooting. That's actually relevant as they were eyewitnesses to a crime. We're talking about giving children air-time to opine on political issues. It's a totally different thing.

Do TV networks interview children, sorry, liberal children that tag along with their liberal parents to rallies about liberal causes?

NO.

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Silly Rabbit YOU was chasing after Fox News and did not STICK to the story!

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And in the mind of Barak Obama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk