1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1Cor 6:9-10

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Mar 22, 2011.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

I never said anyone was, I was trying to answer the original post and tell what this passage ment to me.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

The emphasis above was added by me.

That was what you said FaL, my reference to your speedig was related to actual events in my own life. I try to always obey the speed limit. But I have gotten a ticket before, when I did not even know I was speeding. Guess what? I still had to pay the ticket. And I did not try to explain my way out of it. I was speeding, I was guilty, I paid the penalty. It is the same way with sin, we are subject to the penalty even if we were ignorant when we sinned. Now if I misunderstand you I apologize, but I think that opinion is opposite of what you were saying.

Thankfully even though we sin, Christ has already paid our penalty. That way when we do enter the kingdom of God the penalty is already paid and in God's eyes we are no longer drunkards, theives, adulterors, homosexuals or any of the other things we once were.

When God forgives and purifies us it is so complete that even though I have been a drunk I am no longer a drunkard in His eyes. Now that is powerful grace.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You declare a statement of mine as a misquote of yours. The 'first quote' is not a quote. They are my words, not yours. I post and refer to your quote, giving you full credit for your words, and rather than explain you accuse.

Please explain your quote. If you will not, then I must assume you cannot. If you cannot I see no point to following this thread.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

While we Christ has paid for our sins and we are positionally free if sin we are also experientially set free from the practice of sin. No Christian continues in sin as a practice. if a person does that they were never saved

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This is the passage in question that has been miss-quoted;
    "If someone is unaware of something as being sin they cannot claim that they have sinned"
    The problem is that some people love their sin and hold to the false teaching that "we all sin every day." The truth is that we can get through a day without sin if we love the lord and seek to obey His commands. The passage I wrote was dealing with those decenters who claim that we sin sins in ignorance that we do not know about. My response is that if we do know know about them then we cannot make a claim that we have sinned so it is possible to live above all the sin we know about in any given day.

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the explanation. I still must disagree. I find it hard to believe that anyone can walk so sinlessly. Though I may not knowingly commit sin on a particular day, I do know that because of my human state, I may in ignorance sin by either commission or by omission. There will always be room for improvement until we are in Heaven.

As to your claim that I misquoted you, I still maintain I did not and do not appreciate being called a liar.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

To be sinless is an act of God. It is a most humble position to be in, to know that the very presence of God is in me and overcoming the flesh. It's not something to proclaim and to use as a means to belittle a brother or sister in Christ who may be struggling with a strong hold. Those who go around claiming that he or she has not sinned for a period of time is suspect. Maybe he or she didn't sin but to proclaim it reaks of pride which is itself a sin.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Maybe Paul was saying the same thing as Jesus.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;

Now they have been washed and set apart but can still commit these acts, however in 1 Cor. 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Therefore being born again they will not be able to commit those acts.