1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1st Semester at TEDS

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by PreachTREE, Jan 2, 2008.

1. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

I haven't been on the board for a while and just wanted to stop in and update everyone on my experiences at TEDS.

So far its been great! Diversity is present at Trinity which was absent at Marantha. It is a blessing to see many different national/ethnic groups preparing for ministry. (*side topic: What's the connection with IFB instititions and low ethnic diversity?) I also appreciate Trinity's non-existent (so far at least) stress on peripheral issues (music, dress, etc.). I think sometimes Fundamentalists equate cultural conservatism with theological conservatism. I didn't have to throw up any Fundamentalist red flags yet in any of my classes. I think TEDS is more conservative than people think.

I believe Maranatha has prepared me academically to handle seminary rigor. So far academic rigor is no different than my experience at Maranatha; I'm sure it'll get tougher though as I take higher level courses! Basically the only difference is that seminary requires more independent study (really no homework) and mooooooooorrrrrrrre reading.

In short, TEDS is a good school and would recommend it to anyone.

2. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

Congrats on your experience with TEDS.

As for the diversity suggestion, a school has to make a concerted effort to be diverse. Thankfully Liberty has made it a priority the past few decades and the makeup of the school reflects the effort.

3. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

Thumbs up :thumbs: for Liberty! It disappoints me to see no diversity at Maranatha; its ironic that a school that promotes missions has no ethnic representation on its campus. It seems as though ethnic relations are limited to overseas missions trips.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Glad to hear you are enjoying your ministry training. Though I have never step foot on Trinity's campus, I have heard only good things about them. I also have benefited from books published by some of Trinity's fine faculty.

God bless you in your continued studies. :thumbs: