1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2.4 Million Fewer Americans Working Now Than When Obama Signed Economic Stimulus

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Jul 11, 2011.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/24-million-fewer-jobs-obama-signed-econo

2.4 Million Fewer Americans Working Now Than When Obama Signed Economic Stimulus

Friday, July 08, 2011
    By Matt Cover

(CNSNews.com) – There were approximately 2.4 million fewer Americans working in June 2011 than there were when President Barack Obama signed the economic stimulus bill on Feb. 17, 2009, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Listening to Michael Medved the other day (not particularly one of my favorites, but I consider him better than O'Reilly or Hannity or Beck), and he was asking the same question: What's better now? In the space of the ten minutes or so that I was listening, two out of three callers said things were better, but couldn't answer why unemployment is higher or that the country is in greater debt. They also mentioned that the Republicans keep holding Obama back, even though the Democrats had the majority during the first two years of Obama's presidency.

This will be an interesting election...but I fear I already know how it will turn out.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The responses to his questions illustrate just how ignorant too many of the electorate are.

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like the electorate that elected BO.

I still can't get over the electorate choosing such a man, even over McCain.