1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2015-2016: The Bible, Obama, and The Coming of Messiah.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rodneyo777, Jun 15, 2015.

1. rodneyo777

rodneyo777 Member

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]Ah...Torah Codes - the lie that just won't die.

There are those who have taken large texts like Moby Dick and War and Peace, translated portions of them into Hebrew, counted every 14th letter and come up with similar "predictions".

Just by nature of the scale of the text, random patterns will naturally occur. Mathematically speaking, you have a limited amount of alphabetical symbols and a seemingly endless amount of arrangements of them in forming language. Recognizable patterns will naturally occur. Just like there are only ten Arabic numerals - 0 through 9 - and yet an infinite amount of numbers can be made from those 10.

If you dropped a box of one million scrabble tiles on a large basketball court picked up every 14th one, you will - by nature of the enormity of the amount of tiles - come up with some random words. If you divided those random words into topics - one could boast of prophecy. One would be foolish to do so, but one could do it.

I'm sure that in these "Torah Codes" they came up with lots of random words. They only chose the ones that would rattle people.

#2 Scarlett O., Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  3. rodneyo777

rodneyo777 Member

I understand your point. But these men say that they are finding these sentences right within the same verse...I know the debate has raged about "other books", but they claim it is not so.