1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2550 Days Of Tribulation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Truth Files, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

Daniel
    9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people [Israel] and upon thy holy city [Jerusalem], to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. [all 6 objectives will be reached for a believing remnant part of Israel]

9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah [the Lord Jesus Christ] be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come [the little Horn/first beast of Revelation] shall destroy the city and the sanctuary [Zechariah 14:2; Revelation 11:2]; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

9:27 And he [the Lord Jesus Christ] shall confirm the covenant with many for one week [2520 days]:

and in the midst of the week he [the other prince] shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate [Ezekiel 38; Daniel 11:41; Zechariah 14:2; 14:4-5; Matthew 24:15-16; Revelation 11:2; 12:6; 1214; 13:5], even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. [Ezekiel 39; Zechariah 14:3; Revelation 16:1-16; 19:20-21]

12:1 And at that time [the coming day of the Lord] shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people [Revelation 12:7-9] and there shall be a time of trouble [Jeremiah 30; Daniel 9:27; 11:36-45; 12:7], such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time [Matthew 24:21]: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. [Romans 11:26]

12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life [1Corinthians 15:51-52]; 1Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 15:2-3], and some to shame and everlasting contempt. [Revelation 20:11-15]

12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. [Revelation 21:1-7]

12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words [the events], and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

12:5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.

12:6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half [first 1260 days]; and when he [the other prince, the little horn, king of the north of Daniel 7:7-25; 11:36-45] shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people [at the middle of the 70th week [Daniel 9:27]], all these things shall be finished.

12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [events] are closed up and sealed [won’t take place] till the time of the end [in the far distant future].

12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up [at the middle of the 70th week, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. [the second 1260 days [Revelation 11:2; 13:5] plus an additional 30 days[Joel: 2; 3; Micah 5:5-6; Zechariah 14:2; Revelation 16:16-1; 19:11-21]

12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. [the additional 45 days[Matthew 24:29-31; 25:31-46]

12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

#1 Truth Files, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  2. lastday

lastday New Member

Truth,
    Once again a whole lot of verses of Scripture...but no comment!
    Obviously your method is to get our response without giving yours!!
    So I will challenge your concept of the "TRIBULATION"; also its length!!!

Where do you insert the 3.5 days of Rev.11:9-12 in your 2550-day period?
    Does what happens during these 3.5 days "complete the mystery of God"??
    What is God's purpose of 2 Prophets remaining dead for exactly 3.5 days???

Anyone may chip in with his/her ideas on why we must answer these questions!
    I believe "time ends at the completion of God's Mystery" within these 3.5 days!!
    IMO the answers will begin to account for God's decree: "His Wrath Has Come"!!!
    Mel

#2 lastday, Sep 14, 2010
  3. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

If you are unable to take key passages of scripture and link them to a bigger picture Mel, then I would say that you are low on the scale of understanding Bible prophecy; you need to expand your knowledge and modify your views to fit the prophetic scriptures

Or do you just like to argue and evaluate other posters by condescending remarks if they do not happen to agree with you?

And you also know that I post a great deal of commentary on many posts, including scripture .... you just don't agree; so cut the petty remarks and expand your own understanding

Revelation 11 events are all scheduled for the second 1260 days of the 70 week decreed for Israel; and the beast and his followers will occupy rule over Jerusalem and the temple mount on the earth for the same 42 months

The Lord’s two prophets will stand in the face of the beast and witness for the Lord in Jerusalem during the occupation

They will be supernaturally protected until the Lord allows the beast to kill them

Then the Lord will resurrect them right in front of their antagonists at the end of the second 1260 days

He will then go forth and destroy the beast and his kingdom of followers in the next 30 days culminating at Armageddon

Now tell me, do you need more scripture to understand these things?

#3 Truth Files, Sep 14, 2010
  4. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Where do you get that 30 days from?

5. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

The 12th chapter of Daniel has this extended time lapse of 30 days added to the second 1260 days of the 70th week decreed for Israel; 1290 days [Daniel 12:11]

When the visions give a time, times, and half time; 1260 days; 42 months .... these time values are = to 3.5 prophetic years [the prophetic year of scripture has 360 days]

The 70th week [1 heptad] decreed for Israel is a period of 7 prophetic years and this time lapse is presented in two halves in all of the related prophetic visions .... 1260 days [first half] + 1260 days [second half] + and additional 30 days

#5 Truth Files, Sep 14, 2010