1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

26 lawmakers tested positive for covid, yet none are sick and hospitalized

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Number of Mississippi lawmakers testing positive for coronavirus jumps to 26

I have read covid numbers have risen but hospitalizations are down, to me that is some proof the virus is attenuated, weaker than it was before.
    CONSIDER that, all people who become infected, the virus has already been through and worked on by other people's immune system processes, so IMO, the virus has been modified. And hopefuly is becoming much more benign in the future, to more of like cold or flu. I have also read quite a few have no symptoms who test positive now..

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It always was mild.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of that helps the families of the dead and dying.

I have one friend dying [Elizabeth] and if God does not intervene here, she will not make it. She is about 65 and has a family who cannot see her and is not taking this very well. My mother has two men at her church with Covid - one is recovering very slowly, but recovering. Another man still in the hospital - not on the ventilator, but still sick.

My mother lost a classmate and the spouse had it too, but did finally recover. I have a former student who found out today her father {Charles] will not make it. She is devastated.

Yes, the death rates are down, but people are still dying. Please don't forget that.

What bothers me is that everyone has made this virus about the Left vs. the Right and politics and Constitutional rights and Trump and all things grossly partisan. Just another reason to trash talk the other team.

And they have completely forgotten that it is about real people that really do die horrible deaths without anyone with them.

5. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God is intervening which is why people either live or die. In both directions, God intervenes one way or the other, it is not random fate.
    Too many people think God is inactive and does little to nothing with man. God is the one who kills and then also make alive.

1 Samuel 2:6“The Lord kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up.

Matthew 4
    4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

Hebrews 4
    12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But that is not in the article nor in the OP. The entire country is suffering to varying degrees, and people want hope, need hope. This may very well be very good news, a sign that the virus is weakening. To start going off about politicization in this context is to be guilty of it.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then what do the comments, "Shocked" and "It was always mild" mean if not denying the reality of the sick and dying.

Did I misunderstand those two statements?

By-the-by ....the man I mentioned in my first post died this morning. I am sick over this because I don't know if he was saved or not. I didn't even know he WAS sick until yesterday. His daughter, my former student, is distraught.

Yes, the number of deaths are down, but they aren't zero and for too many - this was never mild

If I misconstrued the second and third poster - I am sorry.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  8. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you said, “None of that,” didn’t actually cite the two comments, and didn’t exclude the OP or the article. Sorry to be on your case.

And of course you are quite right that people have died, are still dying, and we shouldn’t be callous about that. Death and dying are not mild, especially for those grieving.

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said that death is mild. I said that the disease is mild. The cure rate is something like 99% and has been since the start is all that I said.