1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 classes of People

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jul 15, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I also wanted to add that "I AM" is conveyed by either a temporary state...or an eternal state. It can't be "something else".

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Andy, this is arminianism.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sorry I didn't mean to sound combative, forgive I just get too involved sometimes.

Have you ever visted one of our churches up there in Yspilanti, Ecorse, Taylor and others, all of them Old Regular Baptist?

Is God in the eternal Heaven? When He says he knew you while you were still in your mother's womb, then He was there.

#143 Brother Bob, Jul 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2006
  4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

No, I just don't see how omnipresence necessarily leads to omnitemporalness. I guess I need to be shown first that the past and future actually exist in the same manner that the present exists, or that God experiences the past, present and future all at once. I see neither as supported by Scripture (or necessarily refuted by Scripture, for that matter).

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Uh? How?..........

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You can't be in "all places at all times"...without being IN all times.
    You are arguing against unconditional election...thank you. Either God exists in the "now"...and KNOWS who will be saved (open theism: arminianism), He chose unconditionally who would be saved (which is NOT foreknowledge), or He's omnitemporal, and His foreknowledge is based on Him witnessing everything, everywhere, at once.

#146 webdog, Jul 18, 2006
  7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Nope, fairly new to the GARBC.

God is everywhere that exists. If the future exists right now, then God is there. Of course, there was a time of existence when I was in my mother's womb, and God knew me.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The future exits with God. He is everlasting to everlasting.

Those churches I meantioned are not part of the GARB.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Open theism. Here's what whatever (a calvinst) once said on a similar thread...

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

13: Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

Hate to leave such good company but the old man's nap time but shall return. :)

#150 Brother Bob, Jul 18, 2006
  11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Gotta run, too. Mom's 54 today!

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Good Night...what happened?

I left a hour ago and we were deep into Supralapsarianism hyper-Calvinisim and now we are in the other extreme..Arminianism. :) :)

Oh yes...and with acute Arminianism of open theism at bat.

Oh well...I guess you had to be here to understand.

I'll address all my post with one word. This is the middle ground which is not "open"...is not "super"....but shows the complete work of God.

Infralapsarianism

I have to agree with others...this maybe the best debate we have had in sometime.

Thanks guys....for keeping it above ground.

In Christ..James

#152 Jarthur001, Jul 18, 2006
  13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Revelation - Chapter 4

Rev 4:1After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard [was] as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
    Now how is it God didn't show John what would be hereafter if the future doesn't exist?:laugh:

Just plain simple theology landblasts the calvinist.

:praise: :Fish: :praise:

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Funny...That was a good one.

But one thing...what in the world are you talking about????

I know of no one that has said the future does not exist.

Good one though.

In Christ...James

#154 Jarthur001, Jul 18, 2006
  15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

That's a good verse. Of course, did John see a vision of the future or did he see the future actually existing? Is the beast of ch. 13 really going to have all those horns and heads and look animal like, or is it a symbol of a nation, organization or individual? Most people I know believe it is a symbol, not an actual creature as depicted. So there is a difference between seeing a vision or symbols of something and actually seeing the thing itself exist in another dimension.

By the way, the Eternal Now theory is held by many a Calvinist. I don't see this as C/A debate. According to Webdog, I'm a clost Arminian! :laugh:

16. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

And I should clarify, because I've probably been sloppy with my wording - I believe the future exists, just not in the same manner as the present necessarily. Nor do I find reason to believe that God experiences everything at once.

17. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Sorry, but I'm not following what are you are saying here.

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

That is easy to see. The debate has moved from "no time"..where we must look at all time including future and now is into ways and the order there of soteriological elements in God's eternal decree. One guy pops in a reads one post and does not know where all 4 of us has been. That is why I laughed. I saw your path in full, therefore I understand.

19. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Or someone could believe that God looks down the corridors of time and He knows what He will do to redeem His elect - he will regenerate them and call them to faith, etc. And that person would be a Calvinist, while at the same time rejecting the Eternal Now theory.

Like I said earlier, I don't see this as a C/A issue - I'm sure there are C's and A's on both sides of the issue.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You said you believe God knows how you will die and when. How is that possible unless God has seen all things. How could Jesus stand as a slain Lamb from the foundation of he world if God had not seen Him slain? God sees all things as "Now". He is not bound with time as we are.

Ecc 3:11 He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

#160 Brother Bob, Jul 18, 2006