1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured 3 Differences between the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus never intended to set up the Millinium at the time of His first coming, as salvation towards sinners had to get done first, and at his second coming, then will he rule and reign upon the earth!

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

From a website:

Early Church Fathers Taught a First Rapture Before the Tribulation
    Clement of Rome 68 or 97 AD
    In Clement's Epistles to the Corinthians: "Let us take (for instance) Enoch...Noah...and the Lord saved by him the animals which, with one accord, entered into the ark. On account of his hospitality and godliness, Lot was saved out of Sodore when all the country round was punished by means of fire and brimstone, the Lord thus making it manifest that He does not forsake those that hope in Him."

Ephraem the Syrian (4th century AD) of the Byzantine Church wrote about the Lord's return as being imminent in his sermon "On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World." He stated, "All saints and elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins." Pseudo-Ephraem claims that his sermon was written by Ephraem of Nisibis (306 A.D.—373 A.D), considered to be the greatest figure in the history of the Syrian church."

The Shepherd of Hermas (95-150)
    "You have escaped from the great tribulation on account of your faith, and because you did not doubt in the presence of such a beast. Go, therefore, and tell the elect of the Lord His mighty deeds, and say to them that this beast is a type of the great tribulation that is coming. If then ye prepare yourselves, and repent with all your heart, and turn to the Lord, it will be possible for you to escape it, if your heart be pure and spotless, and ye spend the rest of the days of your life serving the Lord blamelessly."

Victorinus (Well known by 270 and died in 303 A.D.)
    His commentary notes in Revelation 6:14 indicate a pretrib reference: "'And the heaven withdrew as a scroll that is rolled up.' For the heaven to be rolled away, that is, that the Church shall be taken away. 'And every mountain and the islands removed from their places' intimate that in the last persecution all men departed from their places; that is, that the good will be removed, seeking to avoid persecution."

These backup what Darby and others found once the canon was brought together by the printing press and found lost truths.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

So you are denying the words of Jesus Christ!

John 18:36. Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

But that is not unusual with the pre-cribbers since they deny the following:

John 5:28, 29
    28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

You will deny any Scripture that does not agree with the pre-trib teaching of John Nelson Darby!

4. OldRegular

I have already shown you that the Geneva Bible was in print in English before any of the Baptist Confessions I posted were written. There were no "lost truths" to the Scholars who produced these Confessions, none of which support a pre-trib" snatching away" of the Church. Darby did not claim he discovered lost truths; he claimed "new revelation". Furthermore, he based that "new Revelation" on his reading of Isaiah 32 which was translated to Greek at the time of Jesus Christ.

I repeat: Darby is the father of pre-trib-rapture-dispensationalism just as Ellen G. White is the mother of Seventh Day Adventism!

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is with these so called lost truths? Stop it with the lost truths non sense

6. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensational scholar Dr. Thomas Ice disagrees with you! He is one of the few dispensationalists around who is not afraid or ashamed to tell the truth.

What Thomas Ice has to say about it doesn't count. What the Word of God clearly says about it does. Luke 21:34-36 is unmistakable. There are those who will escape and meet with the Lord and there are those who will not escape and will live through the snare that will effect the whole world.

Darby is the father of pre-trib-rapture-dispensationalism just as Ellen G. White is the mother of Seventh Day Adventism!

I just proved to you from the ancient church fathers that that notion is not true but you did not refute the details of what I laid before you, so since you choose to cling to the error I will park it here and move on to other posters.

Thanks for the conversation.

7. OldRegular

**********************************************************************************

You need to learn to use the Quote feature!

The error is that foisted by Darby and Scofield on a gullible and Biblically illiterate public!

*****************************************************************************************************************

We have an anomaly here! "Calypsis4" claims:

Yet as the following shows it was "revmwc" who posted the early Church fathers. Also both post in blue. Do we have "twin" posters on board?????

#187 OldRegular, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.